Chapter 25

Harry's POV

"That's why you fought this girl? She insulted Rylie?" Gemma asks. Disapproval was thick in her voice. She had asked for an answer; I gave her one.

"Yes, I did Gemma. Is that, that big of a problem?" I acidly remark. I wasn't in the best of moods, and Gemma scolding me wasn't helping.

"It is Harry! It really is!" Gemma snaps. My fists clenched; I pressed my arms to my sides as the anger seethed through me.

Involuntarily, I begin to burst into laughter. It was haughty, evil chuckles; it wasn't the joyful laughter I usually have. I step forward and lean down to Gemma's height. "Will isn't that great. He is a complete and utter bastard," I snap. My intentions worked; she reached up and matched her face's height with mine. "What are you going to do? Hit me?" I taunt.

Gemma was just about to answer when Rylie opened the door. Her hair was all over the place, and her cheeks were rosy red. She was such a beautiful disaster.

"Harry can we talk?" she asks. She looks from me to Gemma. "Just forget it. I can come back later."

I grab her shoulder before she could leave. "No we can talk. Gemma was just leaving," I reply, giving my sister a pointed look.

Gemma was prepared to argue, but when she took a look at Rylie, she caved and left us to talk.

"Baby, we do need to talk," I begin. I have wanted to know what happened back there. She wasn't acting like the Rylie I knew. She sure did look sexy kicking ass, but that didn't change how worried I was for her.

I plopped down onto the bed; Rylie sat down beside me. There was a distance between us. I didn't enjoy us not being connected, but I don't complain.

Rylie took in a deep breath before she whispered, "Do you promise to not be upset with me when I ask you this one question? Please?" Her two chocolate brown eyes shine as she stares up at me. I couldn't possibly deny her when she was staring at me like this,

"I promise, tell me," I encourage.

"Did you, did you really cheat on Sara?"

I tense, unable to find my voice. Rylie couldn't have possibly just asked that. She wasn't supposed to find out about my past. I recall the confrontation with Sara and curse under my breath. Rylie had a worried expression on her face. I sighed deeply, attempting to stay calm.

"Do you really want to know?" I ask her, looking her in the eye. She nods; I take another deep breath before I launch into my history. I never would have thought I would be forced to revisit the memories.

(Flashback)

Today was the day. The day I would finally confess my feelings for Sara. The beautiful, bubbly girl was graduating; we could finally date without her family pitching a fit about what a bad influence I was on their perfect little angel. They obviously didn't know her like I knew her.

Sara walked out of the corridors with her blue suit tightly clinging to her curves. Damn, she must have grown from beautiful to sexy over night. Her blonde waves fell over her shoulders. Her face was vibrant as she threw her arms around my neck.

"Thank you for coming Harry. You are my best friend, you know that right?" she asked, her voice high with excitement.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world," I answer her, hugging her gently back.

Sara's face falls as Lilly slides over to stand beside her friend. "I thought I was your best friend Sara," she snaps. Dammit, Lilly, stop butting in every time I have a moment with Sara. For heavens sake, it is annoying.