Chapter 27

Rylie's POV

Gemma specifically told me to hold my ground. I did the exact opposite. I couldn't stand fighting with Harry; I was beginning to miss his presence. We have only a three more days in England; I want to enjoy them.

I climbed into a chair; Gemma handed me a fresh cup of coffee. I thank her with a smile and sip slowly. The burn eased my tired body. I have only had a few hours of sleep in the last forty-eight hours. I have a massage headache. To top it off, it is that time of the month again, and I don't have supplies. I checked with Gemma, but she hasn't been stocked for a few months now. I should have figured. She offered to go by the store; I accepted gratefully, because I would only end up getting lost. Also, I wouldn't want to ask Harry to do that; we are already treading on thin water.

The door is thrown open; Harry stumbles in, laughing and tipping a glass to his mouth. Another figure emerges; I am surprised to see Zayn.

--

Harry is fast asleep on the couch. His breath reeks. I can only conclude that it is alcohol. I cover my mouth with my hand to force my lunch to stay down.

"Thanks again, Zayn. I really needed your help," I say, grinning.

Zayn turns his attention back to Harry. "Oh, trust me it wasn't a problem. I love to help out," he replies, a huge smile gliding onto his face. "He was too drunk to even drive. I am surprised how I even wrestled the keys out of his hands."

Harry's dimples were popping in his sleeping state. He actually looked peaceful after a long day. I turn back to Zayn finally. "Want some coffee? It is still pretty early," I state. It was early afternoon, but it felt like five in the morning. My headache was multiplying as time fled by.

Even though Harry looked angelic in this instant, he would change as soon as he wakes up. He will either apologize for his behavior for the past few days, or he will just choose to lash at me once again. Yet, I am reminded of all the reasons I should reconsider ever being with this boy. He still had plenty to learn, that is obvious.

I try to push the memories of my mother's warnings months ago. I don't want to backtrack to those days. My mom supports this relationship now. Back then, she despised even our friendship. I can't help but agree with her hatred toward Harry. I love him to my death, that would never change, but he was also the opposite of what I needed. He would hurt me over and over again. I had a feeling that he would come through, however. Harry has been chewed up and thrown back out before. It is hard to start something new after finding love with one person. Sara had tore a gap in him, and I wasn't sure if I would be the right person to fix him. But I would be damned if I didn't try. I wouldn't let mini fights tear us down. Not yet.

Harry's POV

I wake to a massive headache. I can't remember anything besides stumbling to the apartment with Zayn supporting me. My body was achy, and my mind was foggy. I blink slowly and see Rylie sitting in the chair across from the couch. Her flowing hair fell across her shoulders. Her eyes weren't bright and excited like normal. She was only exhausted. However, even as tired as she was, she was too pretty. Even now.

"Harry?" Rylie whispers, her voice soft. A hint of a smile slipped onto her face. It was only a weak one, but it was a start after the shit I pushed her through.

I reach for her; she stands and slips into my arms. Her hair smelled like roses. Her embrace was warm, soft. Damn, I missed her touch.

Rylie's smile is the brightest thing about her face. It has been a rough few days for the both of us.

"I am sorry, Rylie. Let's start this trip over," I mutter, the throb in my heart never ceasing to remind me of my mistake. "As soon as we can, we are going to go out somewhere. It has been a long few days. You deserve better."