Chapter 19

Harry's POV

Rylie didn't waste any time. I basically had to scramble after her to the car. She had her bags already in her hands; her keys were dangling from her wrist. I never thought she would agree to stay here. It was surreal seeing her outside my house with her bags in her hands.

I couldn't stop the grin from slowly sliding onto my lips. Her smile matched mine. For once, I couldn't find any words to express how I felt. I was just too thrilled to speak.

Rylie didn't give me time to say anything, anyway. She went inside without a single word.

I am not sure how long I have been out here before Rylie comes out to find me. She has a worried expression on her face. I instantly snap out of my mindless grinning and frown.

"Harry are you okay?" Rylie whispers, stepping out to stand in front of me. I hated that look. She appeared to be so frightened and I just don't like it.

I press my hands on either side of her face. She shivers and I pull my hands away, forgetting how cold it is out here and how long I have been out in this cold. I am numb to the freezing weather but Rylie isn't.

Rylie takes my hands and places them back on her cheeks. Her brown eyes meeting mine, she reaches up and kisses me. I held her close and she shivers once again.

"Let's get inside," I finally whisper. She agrees and I lead her into the house. She squeezes my hand as we enter the warm house.

Gemma smiled our way and Rylie winked at her as she lead me to my, now our, room.

The next few weeks are spent looking for a high school nearby for Rylie to attend. It wasn't that we couldn't find one, we were just procrastinating. I understood why. Rylie hasn't been to a high school in a while. She was used to the homeschooled life.

Rylie slipped into the room, wrapping her arms around my shoulders. "Harry stop moping around," she whispers in my ear, half smiling. I roll my eyes and reach up to take her hands in mine.

"I am looking for a job," I lied, staring at the screen that clearly said "high school" right at the top.

"I didn't realize you wanted to be a teacher Mr. Styles," she inquired staring at the computer screen.

I laugh and stand up. "Fine, fine you win Rimmy. What do you want?"

Rylie grinned and clapped her hands happily. She grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the room. Before I could ask again another pair of hands tied something over my eyes.

"Okay what's going on?" I mutter once Rylie pulls me into her new Toyota, which I basically had to beg her to let me get her.

"Patience is key Harry," Rylie murmured, placing her gloved hand over mine.

Rylie's POV

I had been planning this evening out for days now. I knew this would be the perfect evening to tell Harry the words I refused to tell him for so long. There have been plenty of times I have came close, but I always backed out.

I wasn't only doing this to tell Harry how I feel, but I was also doing it for Valentine's day. It was a little early, but by Friday I would be attending a high school. I got with Anne a week ago and told her about it. She agreed to help me out since Harry was being stubborn.

I pulled into a picnic area I chose just the day before. I then reached over and locked his door. "Stay here," I murmur. I grabbed the plaid blanket and the picnic basket.

I was so thankful that one of my closest friends was Gemma. She wasn't only the perfect sidekick to get Harry out here, but she was also a fantastic date planner.