Chapter 38

Harry's POV

The whole map was fucked up. I typed the road into my phone's GPS but all it wants to do is be an ass. I guess it is fate telling me to leave Will's fucking ass at the girl's house, so that Gemma will have to pick him up and then beat his ass for being a conniving sneak.

"Please drive to the highlighted route," my phone states. Finally. It shouldn't take half an hour to figure out how to use it. All for this dipshit. I follow the road. It was hard not to just leave him there for being such an asshole. Pissed couldn't even describe how I felt right now.

As I pulled up to the house, I almost did a double take. It was huge and nice. It was dotted with flowers here and fucking roses there. So he chooses the woman who more than likely has a rich husband who is out of town for some business shit. Go figure.

Will basically throws himself into the car and slams on the lock. "Go, drive," he states, seeming almost nervous. Fucker.

I backed out of the drive and headed off. I stayed quiet, and I was sure that was pushing Will's buttons. He was a talker, and when no one talked to him, he would talk up a storm until you did pay him some mind.

"Want to know what happened?" he asked, giving me a incredulous look.

"No, I would rather not have you explain every detail about how you cheated on my sister," I snap in response, clutching the steering wheel. I could see that he was about to object, but I just flipped him off in response. "I don't give a shit that your baby has had problems or that Gemma has been a nervous wreck. An asshole is still an asshole, no matter the motives," I add on icily. With that, Will stays silent.

Once we were on the gravel road and parked, Will struggled to open the door, obviously forgetting he had locked it when he had jumped in before. "Oh, and I am giving you three days to tell Gemma, or I will. I think you should make the right decision," I add on, unlocking the doors. He finally opened the door and ended up tumbling out. Karma is a bitch.

I trudge to the front door and enter without a word. Rylie was curled up on her side watching a movie. Her eyes found mine and a small smile lit up on her face. I recalled how I had held Sara only hours before. I needed to tell her; there can't be any barriers between us. Not now. If I keep it from her, she may never forgive me. I lie beside her and was about to spill the beans, when her lips found mine. Honesty can wait until the morning. Right now, we had each other, and that was enough to satisfy me.

As we pulled away, she rested her head against my chest. I loved her, and she loved me. That was all I needed, and maybe that was why all the reasons were the reasons to stay.

--

When I was a kid, mornings were my favorite time of the day. I would wake and beg my mom for some homemade biscuits with warm tea. Every morning, every day, the minute I woke up. Normally, she would oblige and get up to make us our delicious breakfast. Some mornings, she would stay curled up in bed with the warm sheets and tell me to "go away sweetie". Now, about ten years later, I wanted to stay in the comfort of Rylie's arms. But instead, I had a frantic Gemma shaking me. And it wasn't ceasing. Finally, I lifted my head and mumbled a vague, "What?" As I registered her bright eyes a crimson and her face streaked with tears, I sat up. "What is it?" I repeat.

"W-will," she whispered, her lip trembling. "He...he," she trailed and hiccuped. "He isn't home. I saw him come home. He isn't home. And he left me with this," she answered, thrusting a note to me.

Sorry I had to so this, but I can't do this anymore. We can't get married. I love you Gemma, but I just can't take it anymore.
-Will