One

DISCLAIMER: This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents are products of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously and are not to be construed as real. Any resemblance to actual events, locales, organizations, or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.

SUMMARY: Alden and Maine are childhood next door neighbours. She is his favourite person to tease, while he is her least liked person because of his teasing. Could years of non-stop pestering turn to something more?

AUTHOR'S NOTE: This is my first time writing a story basing it on a popular 'love team' (ALDUB). It is safe to imagine that 'Alden' is indeed Alden Richards and 'Maine' is indeed Maine "Yaya Dub" Mendoza, but of course they're placed in a different situation outside the ongoing 'KalyeSerye' segment on Eat Bulaga's 'All for Juan, Juan for All'. Let's just say that if ever this two end up getting a movie deal, this is what their future movie project will be (hey, a girl can dream, can she not?).

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

I.

Alden's POV

GOOD MORNING, MISS BEAUTIFUL SUNGIT," I grinned at Maine's already furrowed forehead expression long before I reached her desk.

"What's good about the morning?" she snapped then thrust a stash of salmon pink memo sheets at my face.

"Oh, ano 'to?" I pretended not to know what the papers were for (I received quite a few of them from her almost daily so I know by now exactly what those salmon pink sheets were for).

"Really?" She cocked an eyebrow at me, clearly she wasn't in any sort of mood to be jokey this morning, and shoved the stash in my hands when I refused to take them from her. "Half of those are from your countless conquests," she added before returning her attention back to whatever it was she was doing before I interrupted her.

"Countless? Para namang ubod ng dami."

Maine looked up at me again, her expression annoyed and her eyes would've cut me in half if they could because that was how sharp the look she gave me.

"Eh sa ilang beses silang paulit-ulit tumawag so yes, countless," she practically snarled at me, but I didn't mind. Typical Maine reaction lang 'yan. She and I have known each other since we were kids growing up in Laguna. Her family lived right next door to mine, and even then medyo masungit na sha talaga, especially sa akin kasi maski noon pa lagi ko na shang kinukulit.

"Ganoon lang talaga ako ka-irresistible," I jokingly boasted then gave her a wink.

Maine rolled her eyes at me and shooed me away, but not before I saw a ghost of a smile grace her lips. I know if I made her smile that we're cool. If she didn't smile, then I know I'm in hot waters.

I left her desk and walked to my cubicle. Maine and I work at one of the country's top advertising companies. I am one of the Executive Advertising Reps while Maine works as one of the assistants to the reps. Maine wasn't personally assigned to me, but I forward all my class to her whenever I'm away from the office. She hated it, but she knew why I did it.

She was the only person at the office I knew I could trust not to stick her nose in to my personal business. And even if she did, I don't think I'd mind it much. I'd rather she be the one who questions me about my personal life than any of the other assistants here who knew nothing but gossip the entire time they were at work.