Twenty-Eight

DISCLAIMER: - see previous chapter -

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I'm feeling your love & support for this story, and I enjoy reading your comments too. Just keep them coming & I'll do my best to update as often as possible.

===========================
XXVIII.

Omnipresent POV

PAO WAS SURPRISED to receive a visit from the last person he expected to see or hear from. It was almost six o'clock on a Friday night; almost everyone at work already called it a day except for a few desperate souls (him included) wanting to get his work done before he called it a day.

"Uuuhhh...I think you must be lost," Pao told the person whose shadow graced the doorway of his office.

"No, I think not," Ike answered and entered Pao's office without being invited. He made himself comfortable on the seat across from his desk and hooked his right foot over his left knee. "I need your help," he said without much preamble.

Pao's eyebrow rose just a fraction of an inch. Even when Maine and Ike were dating way back when, Pao never approved of the cocky SOB who put his career first above anything else. He didn't know what his cousin saw in him other than his Adonis-like good looks. Nobody was more relieved when it was made public that Maine and Ike broke up becuase the bastard chose working abroad over keeping a relationship.

"I don't think there's anything I can help you with considering you're head of design and I'm just one of the ad execs," Pao pointed out.

"It's not work related," Ike replied. "It's more personal actually," he added.

Pao's eyebrow rose just another fraction of an inch higher. Now why would someone like Ike ask him for help on a personal matter? As far as Pao knows hindi sila friends inside or outside the office.

"I don't think qualified ako na tulungan ka sa personal problem mo," he answered right away.

"And what makes you think you can't help me? Is it because it involves Maine?"

"Are you trying to get back together with my cousin, Ike?" Pao deadpanned. If he was going to consider helping her cousin's ex-boyfriend, who also happened to cause said cousin quite the major heart ache the first time they split up, Pao wanted to know if this time Ike was playing for keeps or if he was just after something, like getting in to their Uncle Wally's good graces even more than he obviously already have.

Ike didn't answer right away. Medyo nabigla siya when he said what he said to Pao.

"Ano ngayon if I want to get back together with your cousin?"

"Grabe ka rin, no? Sinira mo na nang minsan ang puso ng pinsan ko tapos ngayong naayos na niya at napagtagpi-tagpi ang mga broken pieces ng puso niya gusto mo na namang pakialaman," Pao didn't hide his incredulity over what Ike just said. Hindi man siya nakikialam sa business ng pinsan niya, pero once na merong sumakit kay Maine, Pao was willing to lay his life on the line just to save his cousin from further heartache.

"It was an amicable break-up," Ike argued. "Maine said she understood why we were breaking up."

"Siyempre yun ang sasabihin niya kasi paalis ka na. You obviously made your damn decision before talking to her so ano pang habol niya doon? My cousin isn't the type to cause a scene. Her one fault in life is she is too damn nice and freaking understanding kaya lagi siya halos naapakan at napagsasamantalahan." Pao was starting to seethe with anger. Maine might've forgiven Ike for what happened sa relationship nila years ago, but Pao still holds a grudge against the moron who dared hurt his cousin's feelings.