Seventeen

DISCLAIMER: — see first chapter —

CHAPTER DEDICATION: wendy_conbolt requested some 'sweet moments' for future chapters; it just so happen that my muse was in the mood to write a cutesy scene between our lovebirds so here it is...ENJOY! I hope it passed your expectation or at least came close to what you were looking for as far as 'sweet moments' goes.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

XVII.

Omnipresent POV

MAINE PLANNED ON HAVING A QUIET SUNDAY spent lounging about at her place. Unfortunately for her, last night's partying of sorts resulted in her nursing a somewhat nasty hangover that cannot be banished by a full pot of freshly brewed coffee that she made for herself as soon as she woke-up sometime around nine o'clock this morning. Even though she was indoors Maine opted to wear her sunglasses inside because bright light hurts her eyes, thus hurting her brain, thus making her hangover feel worse than it already was.

She was happily camping out underneath her blanket and pillow while still nursing said mother of all hangovers when she heard Alden's personalized text tune. She thought long and hard at first; she really wasn't in the mood to entertain anybody today given the current state she was in so she ignored his first message...and his second...and his third...by the time she received his tenth text message she was starting to get annoyed.

"Go away, Alden," she muttered under her pillow. She waited for her text to go off for the eleventh time after she refused to answer his most recent text message. Maine was almost letting out a sigh of relieve when she didn't hear his personalized text tune when she heard her personalized ring tune for Alden go off. "Haaaaaaay! Ano ba yan?" Maine angrily growled and threw her pillow to the side. She rolled sideways and reached for her cell phone she left on her side table and almost pressed IGNORE, but she knew better than to do that.

If she wanted to have some peace and quiet, she'd have to answer her phone.

"You better be bleeding on the side of the road somewhere and needing help badly, Alden Reyes," Maine threatened as soon as she answered his call.

"Whoa, easy lang," Alden chided. Clearly he wasn't expecting Maine to chop his head off as soon as she answered his call. He wouldn't even be calling her if only she answered her text messages. "Worried lang ako sayo when you didn't reply to any of my text messages," he added, concern lacing his tone.

Maine felt a slight bit bad for snapping at him. Seriously, paano sha magi-stay annoyed with Alden kapag ganito naman sha ka-sweet?

"Is everything okay ba?" he asked.

Maine closed her eyes and tented her hand over them. Even though the curtains in her room were shut tight and there wasn't any light turned on, what little light that came through the window was adding to her headache.

"Why do you ask?" Maine groaned to the phone.

"You don't sound good," Alden pointed out.

"That's 'coz I don't really feel good," she admitted. Talking to Alden on the phone was only making her headache worse, but Maine didn't want to just hang up on him and be rude. "Alden, pwede mamaya or bukas na lang tayo mag-usap? I'm just not feeling well talaga."

"Are you sure?" Alden's worry was now evident in his tone.

"Yeah," Maine nodded then winced. Even the simplest of movements causes her head to really hurt like the freakin' dickens! "Talk to you later na lang, okay? Bye!" She didn't wait for him to reply and ended the call right away. She didn't replace her phone back on her side table after the call either. She just hid herself under her pillow and blanket and hoped to be relieved off this nasty hangover before the end of today.