Twenty

DISCLAIMER: — see first chapter —

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Happy 6th Monthsary AlDubbers! This Saturday's (01.16.16) episode of KS sure brought on the giggles – lots of them in fact. Actually, ever since Alden returned to KS he made up for lost time the week before by delivering non-stop corny but giggle-worthy scenes. Anyway, I'm picking up where I left off last chapter, but this time it will be written from Maine and Alden's POV's. Hope you enjoy and as always, let me know what you think. Comments are always welcome as well as votes/likes (",)

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

XX.

Maine's POV

RYAN AND SAM ARE SUCH DEARS. AFTER that walk-out incident sa elevator kanina na ginawa ni Alden, imbis na hayaan na lang nila akong umuwing mag-isa, eh sinama na lang nila akong gumala. Actually they dragged me to this quaint hole-in-the-wall bistro-type place that entertains guests with local live bands. Open Mike Friday tonight so anybody can go on stage and perform with the house band if they don't have a band of their own.

"Oh ano, okay ka lang?" Sam checked on me for the umpteenth time.

"Oo, okay lang ako," I nodded and raised my bottle of Bacardi Breezer I'd been nursing since we sat down.

"Eh bakit parang busangot pa rin yang face mo?" Ryan frowned.

I thought of lying to Ryan, pero I changed my mind. I needed some answers and I won't get them unless I open up to someone. And who would be better to vent to but Alden's two close friends at work? I'm sure masasagot nila ang mga tanong ko, especially yung reason why Alden just bit my head off kanina sa elevator.

"Galit ba sakin si Alden?"

"Galit? Sayo?" Sam echoed. "Bakit mo naman natanong yan?"

"C'mon guys, I wasn't stupid nor was I born yesterday. Clearly Alden didn't want me around kanina sa elevator, and I think he made that pretty clear when he just walked out on us."

Sam and Ryan exchanged looks after I said that. I knew they knew something, and I want to know what the heck they know so I know what I did wrong so I can fix it.

"To be honest, Maine, maski kami hindi rin namin alam kung bakit for the past couple of weeks eh beastmode yang si Alden," Sam admitted, stretching his arms in front of him and slouching a bit in his seat.

"Seriously?" I thought it was just rumours yung naririnig ko na beastmode si Alden since I left the department, but hearing Sam confirm it hindi pa rin ako makapaniwala. "Do we know why?"

Sam and Ryan exchanged looks once again, but this time instead of giving me a verbal response, both of them just shrugged and slouched some more until they were comfortable in their seats.

Great. Alden's pissed off at me and I don't know what I did to piss him off. I know I haven't had the chance to car pool with him since I switched departments, but he said he understood and I thought he was cool with it. If he was pissed because I blew off hanging and having dinner with him a couple of times last week, I thought he understood that I was new at my position and I needed some time to adjust. Heck, both Ike and I were new in our positions and our predecessors didn't really leave their positions without a snag or two that needed to be straightened out.

# # # # #

Alden's POV

I RAN IN TO PAO ON MY WAY TO MY CAR after walking out on Maine and the guys at the elevator. Sa sobrang inis ko I wasn't paying attention where I was going and I nearly ran into him, buti na lang he was paying attention and stopped before we ran into each other.