Six

DISCLAIMER: - see first chapter -

CHAPTER DEDICATION: Aria_SR & tjocs86 Thanks for the wonderful comments. Hope you enjoy this latest installment. Again, I can only tag one person to dedicate this chapter to so I'm using this special space here to make sure you're both mentioned :)

AUTHOR'S NOTE: You wonderful readers you really know how to make someone feel special, appreciated & loved. Thanks for your continued support on this fic, and your comments always puts a smile on my face (your votes too makes that smile grow wider). Keep those comments and votes coming, and I will do my best to deliver longer and more 'kilig' moments chapters in the future.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

VI.

Omnipresent POV

ALDEN NOTICED A CHANGE IN MAINE SINCE HE got in to the car. She was less chatty and looked more on edge compared to when they were making their way to the parkade from their eighteenth floor office.

"Ayos ka lang?" Alden finally asked when he couldn't ignore Maine's silence anymore.

"Ayos lang, bakit?"

"Ang tahimik mo kasi. Hindi mo pa sinasabi kung saang lugar mo gustong dumaan para sa takeout dinner natin."

"Oh, sorry. Meron lang iniisip," she apologized. "Ikaw na bahala kung saan mo gustong kumain. Treat ko naman eh," she added.

"Ano naman iniisip mo?" Alden asked hoping that would keep their conversation going while he looked for a place for them to grab some takeout. He wasn't in the mood to eat out, and since he was going to drop Maine off anyway after their dinner, they just might as well eat at her place; at least mas relax pa sila doon kesa naman kumain sila sa restaurant.

"Nothing important," she shrugged.

"Yeah, right. Eh kung hindi 'yon importante, bakit nakabusangot mukha mo?"

Maine quickly schooled her expression to appear nonchalant. She wasn't about to tell him na siya ang dahilan kung bakit ang tahimik niya bigla. She wasn't even sure herself what she was feeling and if Alden was indeed the reason for her sudden quietness.

"I'm trying to figure something out," she reasoned.

"Ano naman iyon? Can I help?" he offered.

"I already told you, it's nothing important."

"Somehow I don't believe you," he huffed and turned right at the lights. He was just driving around looking for something that would catch his eye and probably tickle his taste buds enough to pull up to and order something for their takeout dinner.

"I didn't ask you to," she shrugged and turned her attention to the passing scenery outside the window.

Alden raised an eyebrow at her reply. Something was wrong, but he couldn't quite put his finger to it yet. She was just fine and her usual self before she got in to his car. He just rounded the car to get in to the driver's seat and the moment he did he sensed something changed between that short time she was alone in his car.

# # # # #

Maine's POV

HAVING THESE CRAZY CONFUSING FEELINGS towards Alden right now makes it hard for me to be alone with him and maintain the same kind of attitude I had before I was hit by my unwanted epiphany of sorts. Super bad timing talaga noon, nakakainis as in super kainis!