Twelve

DISCLAIMER: — see first chapter —

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Again I'd like to thank each and every one of you reading, enjoying, liking, voting, and supporting this WIP fic of mine. My mind's swirling with ideas on where this story is going, but I just can't pinpoint it down which one of said 'swirling ideas' I'd go with. As usual your comments/critique are welcomed so keep them coming.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

XII.

Omnipresent POV

MAINE STIFLED A SCREAM WHEN ALDEN walked up behind her just as she was unlocking her door. Wally just dropped her off after their heated argument-slash-meeting this evening and she was lost in her thoughts repeating the events of her early evening since she parted ways with Alden.

"Sorry," Alden apologized when he realized what he had done.

"Gusto mo talaga akong patayin sa atake sa puso no?" Maine snapped her irritation apparent as she glared at her unexpected companion.

"Sorry, hindi ko talaga balak gelatin ka," he repeated his apology.

"Saan ka ba nagtatago? Hindi kita nakita."

"I was at Jules' place waiting for you," he explained.

Maine cocked an eyebrow then looked over his shoulder and saw her neighbour peering out her doorway. Jules gave her a questioning look, most likely asking why Alden was here and took solace in her unit while waiting for her. Maine was as at a loss as her neighbour was, she just gave her a slight shoulder shrug, which Jules took as a signal for Maine would tell her later before closing her unit door. Maine returned to what she was doing and unlocked her door. Alden followed her inside and locked the door after himself.

"Make yourself at home," Maine said over her shoulder as she made her way down the hallway to her bedroom.

"Thanks," smiled Alden and headed for the living room. He dropped his newspaper boy bag on the side of the couch and sat down. He reached over to the coffee table and grabbed the remote for the television.

"Kumain ka na?" Maine asked when she returned back to the living room. She changed out of her work clothes and into something comfy, like a pair of jeans and loose off-shoulder striped red and white blouse.

"Jules fed me chips and cookies," Alden replied without prying his eyes off the TV screen. The commercial was on and Maine recognized the current commercial being shown; it was one of his campaign projects for one of the big companies whose account he landed. Their company also provide televised advertisement as well as print and radio media.

"That's still running?" Maine asked referring to the commercial flashing on the screen.

"Patapos na ang nearly daily TV run nito," answered Alden. "Tapos nito it will just be shown during certain times and days before it gets lost in the shuffle of commercials that gets used once in a while," he added.

"Well as long as the ads worked for the company and brought in business, it doesn't matter if their TV ad gets lost in the shuffle of countless TV adverts," Maine shrugged then headed towards the kitchen to prepare herself something to eat. Wally offered to take her out for dinner, but after their argument in his office Maine didn't want to spend another second around her godfather until her head cooled off.

"Saan ka pupunta?" Alden called out when he noticed her disappear into the kitchen.

"Making dinner," Maine answered.