Three

DISCLAIMER: — see first chapter —

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Happy 10th Weeksary ALDUBERS!!!! Just saw the latest episode of KalyeSerye and was that Yaya's voice before the ever so popular horn sounded off? I think we heard her yell out Alden's name twice, but the first time everybody was too busy, but Alden obviously heard it. Anyway, in honour of ALDUB's 10th Weeksary, here's the latest chapter (finished it even though it was late already 'coz I'm so pumped after watching). Thanks to everyone enjoying and voting! Really appreciate it very much & it helps fuel my muse for this story.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

III.

Omnipresent POV

MAINE PUTTERED AROUND IN HER KITCHEN preparing her dinner when her doorbell rang. She stopped putting a pot on the stove and glanced quickly at the while square wall clock hanging over her kitchen doorway. She wasn't expecting anybody, and usually if her parents were dropping by they always called before coming over to make sure she was at home.

Taking a peek through her peephole before answering the door, Maine had to do a double-take to make sure her eyes weren't deceiving her.

"What the hell are you doing here?" She demanded as soon as she yanked open the door.

Alden almost fell over when the door was unexpectedly pulled open before he could rap his knuckles on it to knock.

"Oh, hi," he greeted his obviously irate host.

"Anong ginagawa mo dito?" Maine demanded. Clearly she wasn't happy to see him standing outside her unit door. "At paano ka nakapasok dito sa loob?"

"I saw a friend of mine from high school. Dito din sha sa building mo nakatira so he let me in," he answered.

"Hm, how convenient," Maine didn't buy his flimsy excuse. She lived in this condo building for close to two years and this was the first time she saw him in here. "Try again."

"What?" Alden couldn't believe she didn't accept his reason for being in her building.

"The friend excuse would've worked if I've run in to you a few times before since I moved in here, so try again."

"Seriously, Maine?"

"Hey, I'm not the one who showed up here unannounced."

"Well, can't I at least explain this jan sa loob instead of standing out here in the hall?"

Maine was hesitant to let him in, but she was already hungry. Something tells her Alden wouldn't leave her alone unless she invited him and hear him out.

"Fine," she took a step back and gestured for him to come inside.

"Salamat," Alden smiled and quietly let out a sigh of relief before crossing the threshold. He paused briefly at the entryway and gave her place a quick survey, "Nice place," he complimented before heading straight towards the living room without being invited by his host.

"Make yourself at home," Maine mumbled and closed the door after him. She didn't have time to play nice hostess since she didn't invite him to begin with. She went straight to the kitchen and continued what she was about to do before he arrived.

Alden glanced over his shoulder when he sensed Maine left the doorway. He thought she was going to join him in the living room, but she went straight towards the direction of what he assumed was the kitchen.