Ten

DISCLAIMER: — see first chapter —

AUTHOR'S NOTE: 15th Weeksary episode of KS was filled with loadsa ALDUB moments, and Alden made a personal appearance to boot! Gotta admit I was filled with lotsa kilig from the moment I found out it was Alden who jumped off the motorcycle and grabbed the diary from Lola Nidora. Not to mention Saturday's Halloween episode was hilarious as heck! Smooth moves from Alden there whenever the lights go out.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

X.

Omnipresent POV

MONDAY MORNING CAME ALL TOO SOON for Maine. For the first time since she was in high school she stayed up way later than usual on a Sunday night, making her almost sleep through her alarm clock when it blared off just after five in the morning. If Alden hadn't offered to give her a ride to work today she'd be one angry camper 'coz she knew she'd be late for sure.

"Bakit parang puyat ka ata?" Alden asked after she yawned for the umpteenth time since she got in to his car.

"Sorry," Maine apologized. "Sam kept me up late last night," she replied.

Alden's hands on the steering wheel tightened when he found out the reason for her being too tired this morning. He bit his lower lip a few times to calm himself down before he said anything else.

"Si Sam pa rin kausap mo hanggang bago ka matulog?" Alden hoped he sounded neutral and less edgy when he spoke. His knuckles, however, were starting to turn white as his grip on the steering wheel tightened a bit more.

Maine frowned at Alden's tone of voice. "Bakit parang inis ka ata? So what if Sam and I were chatting until after midnight last night?"

"Nothing wrong with that, it's just that you two barely talked at work and all of a sudden sa text non-stop ang conversation ninyo," Alden shrugged.

"Busy kami lagi sa work and madalas ibang assistant ang tumutulong sa kanyang mga projects. Yesterday when we started texting we found out na we share mutual friends, kaya ayun, tuluy-tuloy na chickahan naming dalawa," she explained.

"Yun lang?"

"Ano bang problema mo? You think Sam's courting me?"

"Bakit hindi?"

"Wow," Maine slumped back in her seat and rolled her eyes skywards. "Akala ko ba we cleared this up last night? Sam is not interested in me. He's interested in that model, Patty."

"Alam ko."

"E alam mo pala, bakit selos na selos ka, hm?" she demanded.

"Anong selos na selos? Nde uyy!" Alden denied.

"Whatever," Maine shook her head and turned her attention outside the window. She kept quiet the rest of the ride to work.

Alden kept his mouth shut too the rest of the drive to work. Their Monday morning was off to a bad start already and they haven't even reached the office yet.

# # # # #

Maine's POV

IN AS MUCH AS I WAS THANKFUL that Alden gave me a ride to work this morning, my Monday morning was still kick-started on the wrong foot. First, I had that argument with Alden about Sam on our way to work. I can't believe he was jealous over Sam, eh kung tutuusin siya nga ang dahilan kung bakit naging magka-sundo at medyo naging close kami nung tao. And it was obvious Sam was badly smitten with Patty the Model to even think of courting me. Second, Pao arrived the same time we did and parked on the same parking level as Alden did. He didn't look too happy seeing me step out of Alden's car, but short of him making a scene out in the parkade he kept his mouth shut, but that didn't stop him from sending me a text message questioning why I was riding with Alden to work again today (he caught us car pooling last Friday too). I told him to stuff it and ignored the rest of his messages that he sent me.