Eighteen

DISCLAIMER: — see first chapter —

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

XVIII.

Maine's POV

CONGRATS, FRIEND! You're moving up na," Jules giggled while hovering around my desk after Ninong Wally's announcement during our morning break.

"Oo nga, Maine, congratulations," Danny smiled as he too loitered around my desk.

I knew I shouldn't be reeling from shock about the announcement since Ninong Wally already forewarned me about my impending move from this floor to a couple of floors above, but he didn't tell me na yung bago kong position would be assistant nung department manager and not one of the ad exec's assistant!

"We have to celebrate," announced Jules excitedly.

"I agree," seconded Danny. "Libre ko kayong favourite ladies ko ng lunch," he announced, grinning from ear to ear and showing off his dimples.

"Seryoso ka?" Jules gave Danny a flabbergasted look, which Danny didn't took offense over since he was already used to Jules' teasing nature.

"Si Maine lang ang ili-libre ko, ikaw bahala kang mag-bayad ng para sayo," he teased back.

"Che!" Jules playfully swatted the young newbie assistant.

Jules and Danny continued to tease and talk amongst themselves while I started clearing my desk. I was informed to report to my new position to meet with my new boss after lunch today. I still have no idea who my new boss will be kasi alam ko na yung manager nung department where I got transferred to got replaced too and they haven't filled the position yet since it was vacated after the last one left a couple of months ago.

I was too busy packing and wondering who I was gonna be working with nagulat tuloy ako when my cell phone text tone sounded off.

It was a text message from Alden, whom I haven't seen nor talked to since we arrived at work together kanina. He was sweet enough to grab us both coffee and breakfast instead of making me prepare us some as per usual. Sabi niya I get a break from doing that since I suffered from a nasty hangover kahapon and he had to nurse me back to health.

"Looking serious ka ata jan. Congrats nga pala sa promotion. I'm gonna miss you."

"I'm not moving far, just a couple of floors above you so we can still car pool to and from work," I text back.

It didn't take him long to text me back kasi after a few seconds lang I heard my cell phone go off again.

"I know, pero hindi na kita makikita at mibibisita lagi once you move two floors up," was his reply.

I frowned and replied back, "Hindi ka pa ba nagsasawang makita ako? Halos araw-araw na tayong nagki-kita ah." Na-touch naman ako doon sa sinabi niya na he will miss me and the thought of not seeing me daily will make him feel sad. I have to admit the last few weeks has definitely changed something in the dynamic of my relationship with Alden. Mas lalo na kaming naging close ngayon and although we still argue and nag each other, it became a part of the norm between the two of us.

"Ikaw ang tipong hindi pinagsasawaan."

Okay, that was a cheesy line but sweet din if he was my boyfriend. I mean, sino ba namang babae ang hindi gustong marinig na sabihan siya ng guy na gusto niya na she ain't the type that someone gets sick and tired of easily? I think maski ang babaeng pusong bato eh lalambot rin kapag nabigyan ng mga hugot lines na ganoon.