Eight

DISCLAIMER: - see first chapter -

CHAPTER DEDICATION: amejoou, uselesslesbian16, & aeislove Thanks for your comments & hope you enjoy this chapter.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Happy 14th Weeksary ALDUB NATION! Just a couple of days to go and Sa Tamang Panahon na! I feel bummed that I can't watch it live 'coz I'm located thousands of miles away, but I'll make sure to troll their social media for whatever "surprises" Lola Nidora has in store for fans stuck at home or abroad. (Psst! Make sure to read the second A/N at the end, thanks!)

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

VIII.

Omnipresent POV

MAINE'S WEEKENDS USUALLY consist of her doing a general cleaning of her condo unit, do her laundry, and from time to time bake something to munch for the rest of the weekend. This weekend, however, her usual boring weekend plan was interrupted when Alden called her up really early this morning and basically gave her just the whole day to get her place ready 'coz he and a few guys from work are coming over to hangout.

"Are you insane? I told you I haven't gone grocery shopping yet tapos magdadala ka ng mga bisita dito?" Maine was glad Alden wasn't even in the same room with her after he told her what he had planned, otherwise Alden would be sporting a bald head by the time they were done having a conversation. "And sinong may sabing pwedeng magpa-party dito sa unit ko, ha?" She demanded when she realized that she was being asked to prepare for a party that was to be held her at place but she wasn't even the one who invited whoever was coming.

"Okay, I apologize for not asking you first before I made plans, but it's not like you don't know who's coming anyway."

"What do you mean? Sino-sino ba ang invited?" Maine stopped dusting her bookshelves and slid down to sit on the bay window seat.

"Sila Sam and Ryan lang naman. Sam's having some girl problems, Ryan and I don't know what to tell him."

Maine let out a long sigh and rolled her eyes skyward. "Sam didn't sound like he's having girl problems at lunch yesterday."

Maine got invited to join Sam, Ryan and Alden for lunch again yesterday. She wanted to decline, but it was Sam himself who picked her up at her desk and wouldn't leave until she agreed to have lunch with the three of them. Rumours and dagger-like glares were aimed her way long before she left the office with three of their department's most sought-after men to have another lunch date with.

"That's because hindi siya tinamaan - his words, not mine - until after lunch and he went to meet up with the art design team para sa audition ng possible models to use for his campaign," Alden explained.

"Ano? Don't tell me na-love at first sight ang kaibigan mo."

"You stole the very words he used when he spilled his heart sa amin ni Ryan last night when we met-up for drinks after work."

"So? It's not my problem na tinamaan ang kaibigan nyo."

"Aw, c'mon Maine. Sam needs some female advice and Ryan and I aren't capable of giving him any advice from the female's perspective."

That conversation happened nearly eight hours ago. Now Maine was busy baking, preparing some cookies and biscuits for snacks and a special tiramisu cake for dessert. Alden said he and the guys will take care of the food and drinks, so ang sagot lang ni Maine eh yung snacks and dessert.