Twenty-Two

DISCLAIMER: — see first chapter —

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Happy 30th Weeksary AlDub Nation! This week's KS episodes' haven't been 'kilig-worthy' much, but Thursday's (02.11.16) Weeksary episode brought quite a few feels to the viewers. Anyway, I think the mood of this chapter somehow reflects this week's weeksary episode – or not, but you be the judge of that, alright?

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

XXII.

Maine's POV

BREAKFAST WAS NO BIG FANFARE. Alden already prepared our coffee by the time I joined him sa kusina to make breakfast. In fact he started prepping what we were going to have. Simple lang naman ang preference niya for breakfast: toast and egg lang daw with hotdog to go along with our coffee.

Very domestic ang vibe sa kitchen this morning. While I was busy cooking he set the table for us and dropped the sliced bread into the toaster para smooth at mabilis ang flow. It didn't take me long to cook some sunny side-ups and hotdogs. By the time I was placing the last of the hotdogs doon sa serving plate Alden was already grabbing the last set of bread that just finished toasting.

Nauna siya sa dining room and paglabas ko he surprised me by standing behind one of the chairs and holding it for me with that big dopey smile plastered on his boyishly handsome face.

"Oh, ano naman yang pakana mo na 'yan?" I couldn't help from asking although touch ako sa gesture niya. Chivalry these days are lost to the youth, pero sa generation namin ni Alden meron pa ring select few who kept chivalry alive. I'm just happy he was one of those keeping said trait alive.

Alden's smile broadened as he pulled the chair out and gestured with his one hand, "After you, Miss."

"Wow, pa-gentleman pa peg mo ha," I teased before placing the serving plate with the hotdogs on the table.

"Always," he boasted, puffing his chest out and his smile widening some more, his dimple deepening on his cheek as he did so.

Hey, I'm no party pooper. I'm a romantic at heart, and if a guy like Alden's going all sweet on me by pulling my chair out and waiting until I was seated before he took a seat, then by all means I'd indulge myself even if it was at my own place. After all, didn't I just wake up spooning with the man over an hour ago? And I definitely milked that moment for all its worth without making look obvious na gustung-gusto ko yung feeling na gumigising na katabi siya and his arms wrapped protectively around me.

Nothing exciting happened after that. He waited until I was seated before going to sit across from me and enjoyed the breakfast I cooked for us to enjoy. Since I got promoted bihira na lang na mag-breakfast kami together, whether it was en route to work or on weekends when he'd drop by usually unannounced and dragging Jules along para hindi ko sha palayasin for disturbing my peace and quiet.

# # # # #

Alden's POV

'LAM MO, NA MISS KO TO," I ADMITTED while I wash the dishes and Maine was standing beside me drying them.

"Na miss mong maghugas ng dishes?" she teased and swayed her hips to lightly tap the side of my leg.

"Hindi," napatawa kong sagot. "I mean I miss this, ito. Tayong dalawa," I clarified and pointed myself and her to make my point.

Hindi siya nakasagot agad, pero napansin ko yung cheekbones niya medyo namumula before she looked away and concentrated on drying the dishes I handed to her. I also noticed her smile. Pagkatapos kong makita yung dalawang reactions niyang yun my heart couldn't help from doing somersaults, and the butterflies in my stomach fluttered.