Chapter Seventeen

Lauren feels Camila's tears soak into her shirt as she silently sobs into her shoulder, arms gripping her torso like she's about to disappear forever. The older demon rubs her back soothingly, trying to calm her down.

Camila cries and cries and cries. She's just so overcome with emotions, crying is the only thing she can think to do. She cries because she's mad at Normani, she cries because she had to imagine them together, and she cries because she doesn't know what these feelings mean.

A few minutes later, Camila sits up. Lauren smiles softly and wipes her tears with the pad of her thumb. The younger brunette places her hand on top of Lauren's. "So now what?" She sniffs.

"What do you mean?" Lauren asks.

"Where does this put us?" Camila clears her throat and lies down under the covers again.

Lauren does the same. "I have some questions first."

"Go on."

"Did you mean it? About wanting to kiss." Lauren asks, slightly scared to make eye contact. Instead she looks up at the ceiling, counting the many starts Camila put on there. She hoped it wasn't just some heat-of-the-moment type of thing.

"Yes I mean it." Camila states.

"Do you have feelings for me or do you JUST want to kiss me?" She asks in depth. The younger girl might have just wanted to experience a kiss with someone she felt comfortable with. Just so she could say she's had her first kiss. To get it out of the way.

Camila stays silent for a few moments. "I don't know. I've never had a crush before... I don't know what it feels like." Lauren nods. "What about you?" Camila faces her.

"What about me?"

"Do you want to kiss me?" The younger girl asks without any hesitation.

Lauren's face heats up, "Yes."

"And do you have feelings for me?" She asks.

"Yes." Lauren admits.

"How do you know?" Camila traces up and down the side of Lauren's face. Maybe if Camila had some examples she would understand her own feelings.

Lauren reaches up for Camila's hand and leads it to her chest, placing it over her heart. "Do you feel that?" Camila nods. "That's how I know. My heart beats fast. But not just anyone makes it beat fast. Only you."

Camila keeps her hand on Lauren's heart for a while. "But your heart beats fast all the time."

"It beats fast when you're around, though." She explains with a chuckle.

"I'm always around." Lauren nods. "You mean your heart beats like that all day?! I thought it was just naturally fast or something." Camila exclaims, recalling all the times she's sat against Lauren's chest and felt her heart hammering against her back. "So you really... like me? As more than a friend?"

Lauren blushes, "Yes."

"Wow." Camila grins. "Wow." She holds Lauren's hand between their bodies. "Wow." She repeats. "Woooooow." She snuggles up to Lauren. "You like me."

"Yes, Camz." Lauren giggles cutely. "I like you." She repeats, so fucking thankful that she could get it off her chest without Camila reacting badly. So far, anyway. She still doesn't know if she liked her back or not. And Lauren wouldn't want to chase after someone who doesn't want to be with her. It would end up on a very awkward note considering they live together.

"You're not joking right? Like this isn't some prank? You have real, true feelings for me?" Camila asks for the last time, amazed that anyone could like her.