Chapter Twenty One

Lauren woke up the next morning with her arm under her pillow in an uncomfortable way and her leg resting on top of Camila's. She was nowhere near ready to get up just yet so she turned Camila around until the younger girl was facing her and wrapped her arms around her, going back to sleep.

She woke up a couple more times during the early morning but kept forcing herself back to sleep so she could continue cuddling the younger girl. After the fourth time she unintentionally woke up, Lauren open her eyes halfway to see where she was, and found Camila's brown eyes looking into her own.

"Good morning." Camila spoke softly, brushing Lauren's dark hair out of her face, continuing to run her fingers through it soothingly.

"Hi." The sleepy girl smiled tucking the blanket under her chin in attempt to keep warm.

"Are you ready to get up?" The younger girl asks. Lauren shakes her head, closing her eyes once again and burrowing her face in her pillow. "Are you going to sleep some more?" Lauren doesn't respond. She's already back asleep. Camila smiles down at her and rubs her back for a while, taking a deep breath in.

When Lauren wakes up two hours later, she doesn't find Camila in bed with her. She sticks her bottom lip out in an adorable pout and rolls over under the blankets, facing the opposite way to look for the girl. The shack was empty. The green eyed girl sighs and strains her ears, hoping the girl is on a walk nearby.

Just as she's about to get out of bed, Camila walks through the door with a roll of toilet paper in her hand. "Well good morning, sleepy head."

"Good morning." Lauren replies, watching the younger girl walk around to the backside of the futon to kiss her forehead. Camila makes her way to the kitchen area, opening up a snack from the cupboard. "Aren't you gunna come cuddle your girlfriend?" Lauren asks, still in bed. Camila grins, setting down the food that was in her hands on the counter and sneaking back in bed.

"And how did my girlfriend sleep?" The younger girl asks.

"Very well, thank you." Lauren opens her arms, waiting for Camila to cuddle up to her. "How did you sleep?"

The brown eyed girl drapes her arm around Lauren's waist, holding her close by her back. "Like a baby." She smiles.

"That's because you are a baby." The older demon tells her. "My baby." She pecks Camila's nose and hugs the girl tighter. "My baby, my baby, my baby." She repeats, rocking her.

Camila chuckles at her actions. "You're being very cuddly and cute today. Even more than usual, I love it." She pauses. "Dinah said we would be like that. Lovey dovey."

"Why did Dinah think we would be lovey dovey?" Lauren asks.

"Well she was the one who gave me the idea of asking you. Her and Ally both helped me come up with an idea," She pauses. "Well actually, Ally came up with the date idea. Dinah wanted me to ask you on the spot." The younger girl chuckles. "We were all tired of hearing Normani flirt with you. Mostly me but Dinah and Ally weren't too happy with their friend for trying to take you away from me either."

Camila couldn't see the hurt expression on her face. "Is that the only reason you asked me to be your girlfriend?" She asks softly. "Because of Normani?"

"What?" Camila sits up. "No. Of course not. Lauren, I've been trying to figure out our relationship since the beginning, I didn't know when it was the right time. I may know a lot about kissing but I know nothing about how relationships work. You know that. Normani flirting with you was just the conversation starter between Dinah, Ally and I. I know how you are, and I know it's a fear of yours that I like you for all the wrong reasons," The younger girl picks up Lauren's hand, bringing it up to her lips and kissing the ring. "But I promised you." She curls her lips up slightly. "I like you. A lot."