Chapter Twenty Three

Since it was the first day of August, (the first day of the new month) Lauren took it upon herself to clean the entire shack, inside and out. She planned on pulling all the weeds growing between the dirt outside, brushing off the spider webs on the walls, adding a few more layers of leaves to the roof, clearing out the trash from inside, organizing all the shelves, doing their laundry, and washing the sheets. And she didn't want Camila to lift a finger. She also didn't want to be spending time in town where Normani and Derik were, attempting and failing to split them up.

"Are you sure you don't need any help?" Camila asked for probably the tenth time since Lauren started her activity.

"I got this, babe. All I want you to do is sit down and relax." Lauren told her from the kitchen area, placing items in the shelves that she previously removed.

"You're making it seem as if I've been stressed or engaging in lots of physical activity recently and need a break. Which is untrue. So can I do something? It can be something little like making you lunch. You probably worked up an appetite with all of your cleaning." Camila persuades her.

Lauren raises her eyebrows, "Lunch sounds nice."

"Then lunch it is!" The younger girl stands up. "And hey," She pulls Lauren over to her before the girl could step outside. "We haven't kissed since this morning." Camila puckers her lips slightly. Her girlfriend grins and steps forward, holds her by her waist and tips her backwards, connecting their lips in a passionate kiss. After standing back up, Camila looked up at Lauren with stars in her eyes. "Damn." She breathed out.

Lauren giggled, "I gotta get back to work, Camz. I want to swim with you later and then watch the sunset but I really want to finish these chores first."

"You know it would go faster if I helped you." The brown eyed girl tells her. Lauren frowns and opens her mouth to talk but Camila cuts her off, "I know, I know. I'm just teasing. Go get your business done." She swats Lauren's butt, sending her out. The older girl smiles, runs her hands through her hair and exits the shack.

Camila went to the kitchen, pulling out Ally's freshly stocked freezer bag of meats and cheeses, followed by the loaf of bread. She hums to herself as she makes her and her girlfriend some lunch, setting the finished sandwiches on two separate paper plates. "What kind of chips, babe?" She yells out.

"Surprise me!"

The demon pulls out two bags of Funyuns, opening them and pouring them around the sandwich which was in the center of the plate. Camila smiles at her work, puts two water bottles under her arms and grabs the plates, stepping outside to eat lunch with Lauren.

"Here you are, love bug." Camila crosses her legs and sits down under a tree. Lauren wipes the sweat off her forehead and walks over to the tree the younger girl was under, taking a seat next to her.

"Thanks, baby girl." Lauren kisses her cheek lovingly. The older girl took a bite of the sandwich, moaning at the taste. "You make such good sandwiches, oh my god. You could be a chef or something."

Camila blushes at the compliment, "Thank you."

The demons finished their lunch and laid back in the grass, rubbing their full bellies and staring up through the tree leaves, into the sky. Lauren took a short break to spend time with her girlfriend, kissing her hand before getting up to restart her work.

Camila watched her as she threw long tree leaves on the roof of their home, discarding the dead ones off to the side. Lauren took back to admire her work, lifting up the bottom of her shirt to wipe her face and exposing her abdomen in the meantime. The younger girl raised her eyebrow a little, studying the smooth skin of her girlfriend's stomach.