Chapter 7: You're One Dead Girl

Nadine's POV

Junior High. This is the critical part of my high school life. The battle between grades and extra co-curricular activities. There and by, I am always held responsible.

Examinations, assignments, and projects. The student council and clubs. The events I have to tend to.

This is just nerve-wrecking. Welcome to your topsy-turvy life, I sighed out of the weigh of my responsibilities.

Classes were over too soon at 3:00 PM, and I was heading towards the SSG room for a meeting. I saw my classmates along the hallway as they were planning what better way to spend the whole afternoon.

"Mabuti pa sila. I should get a life, some time," I thought.

I missed heading on to the arcade by the mall. And grabbing some toys to bring to Kaleb's nursery.

Just as I turned towards the corridors and find my way to the room, I bumped into a guy whom I think was busy doing something.

*BLAM*

My head hurts a little, but what concerned me were my books and activity handbooks. They were thrown in the air and now, scattered everywhere.

"You should watch where you are going..." says a husky voice as I was busy picking up my books and slid some of them into my bag.

I was aggravated by his remark. "Ikaw na nga yung nakabunggo, ikaw pa yung may gana magalit?!" I intended to put up a glare onto him. But the moment I recognized who he was, I began to tell him things out of anger. "Makaapak ka sana ng jebs, mokong ka!"

James' POV

"Makaapak ka sana ng jebs, mokong ka!" a girl with a familiar voice exclaimed in anger.

I turned to see who it is when.

I cannot speak nor move.

Nadine...

Though unclear, I managed to ask her in confusion, "What did you say?"

"Mukha ka'ng jebs." her face was flushing.

"Look, hindi kita gaano maintindihan. I only know a little with Tagalog." I told her in honesty.

What is jebs?

She smiled and said, "Ahh..yun ba? Jebs..." then looked afar before she continues, "Jebs means good-looking. or else cute."

That made me blush.

So she thinks I look good? She thinks I am cute? Ha! I'm one lucky guy.

I smiled while saying, "So you think I am cute?"

"Uh...Y-yeah! You're jebs." She stammered. Why did she stammer? She added, "I'll go ahead, bye!" then ran off.

"Shy girl," I smiled to that thought.

She is different. Compared to other girls who come by and tell me how much they like me, she is rather mysterious. But she told me I'm cute. I can't help but smile.

I had to head to the locker room fast. We will be having our varsity practice.

"Hey, James! What is damn taking you long to get ready?" Yuan asked. He is one of my friends way back elementary.

We grew up together and came out to be the best basketball duo.

I went out of the bathroom, "Sorry. Had to fix myself up. I want to look nice."

Yuan and Marco laughed in disbelief. "Bro, you need not do that. Girls will still be screaming out your name." Marco cracked it.

Yuan added, "Inggit na inggit na nga c Billie, eh. I can tell by how he seem disappointed by your presence. Nasasapawan mo kasi."
And chuckled, "Di nya raw tayo gusto sa team. He says he will take us out of the team once he sees us slacking off our asses."