Chapter 12: Guarding My Heart

Nadine's POV

The guy that has given me the creeps for almost a month has suddenly kissed me and courted me in the detention room.

But I've had jitters and cold feet when it comes to relationships.

Should I have said yes?
I wanted to say yes.

Can I take it back?
I'm dying to take it back.

This is ridiculous! I just snapped at the thought that I might be going crazy.

I wanted to be with some guy, too. It's just too complicated for me. Because...I fall too hard and too real. Like a light bulb that didn't came with an off switch; or a car that never came with brakes.

"I've been guarding my heart for so long, I could not imagine risking it all." and comforted myself. I cannot rush into love and get hurt. That is too much for a price.
So instead, I said I cannot say yes. Because I barely know him.

"Truth is, I am a coward for the leap," as I ran into my trail of thoughts in defense to my decision.

He is too good to be true. Like having a Ken doll or Clark Kent court you amongst the women dying to be noticed by him. How impossible is that?

"Ken doll is not even real." my voice sounded as sarcastic as my thoughts.

It is Friday afternoon. It has been two days that I have not seen him since detention.

"Where the hell is he?" I murmured to myself as we were about to finish an experiment in Chem lab.

Anya may have heard me as she just smiled and said, "Absent si mylabs mo? Andun, binubugbog sarili sa varsity."

I rolled my eyes, "Anong mylabs ka dyan? I was just annoyed. Experiment natin ito, tapos wala siya. May pagka-nganga pa naman 'yon." Then picked up the mess at the table and slid my books to distract myself.

The bell rang for dismissal. Upon receiving my dad's message, I hurriedly slid my notebook and pen into my bag. I have to hurry.

From: Papa

This is the big day. Kaleb is delivered safely. Thanks, God.
Love you. Keep safe.

---------

To: Papa

Be right there after a while, pa. Kiss Kaleb for me. And mom, too. Baka magtampo. :)
Love you, too. I will, po.

I was almost running along the hallway when someone grabbed me by the arm.

"Aray! Ano ba?!" I shouted at whoever that was.

Then a face came into the brighter part of the hallway. It was James. It seems as if he's drunk. You can tell it by the look of his face. And I can already smell the alcohol from where he was standing.

"You..." he started to talk as his eyes were pinning at me. "You just wanted me to be friends with you?! Ofcourse not! I have never been dumped!"

My head was completely out of bounds as my jaw dropped in confusion. "Huh? What the hell is wrong with you?" after I realized he sounded angry at me, I continued, "Hindi ko kasalanan na hindi ako komportable sa'yo! Ang conceited mo! Pervert!" then I pulled my arm and ran off as fast as I could. I could not even hear what he was telling after I yelled at him.

Jerk, I thought as I got into the car safely.

A/N:

Sorry po talaga sa sobrang late upload. Medyo may issue at humuhugot ang aming internet connection. :)
Thank you for reading, loves!

X.O,

Maddie ♥