Chapter 8: The Girl I Swear I Won't Mess With

James' POV

"Wait...WHAT?!" Yuan was more shocked than I was. I told him what I did and what happened.

Even I could not believe she just said that. That brat.

"Hindi ko rin alam kung ano nakain ng babaeng 'yon." I shooked my head.

Yuan and Marco glared at me. "Tol, bakit mo nagawa 'yon kay Nadine? She might just dissolve our team into thin air."

Now, I am even more confused. "What's up with her to do that?"

Billie spoke out of the blue. "Siya lang naman ang apo ng isa sa may-ari ng school natin."

Kaya pala ang tapang nya.

I could not help but speak sarcastically. "That's why she was too tough even in the middle of the scariest trick I've done. Kanila pala ang school. Such a brat."

"No, pare.." Sam interrupted. "Naddie is really tough. We went to the same gun club when we were 12."

First, she is a smarty pants. She is the chairman of the student council, and the grand daughter of the founding father of the school. Then she just knows how to shoot a gun?

"No wonder she warned me that if I go near her, she'd gauge out my eyes." I said in amusement, "and she was even holding a pen!"

Sam chuckled, "But she is too good to be true. May crush nga si Marco sa kanya noon."

Marco's face turned red. We all laughed. He used to say he was the meticulous type.

This girl is every guy's goal.

"Yeah.. But so far, she has not even bat an eyelash to any guy. Mailap sa lalaki yan si Nadine." Sam added as if he really know her.

Billie stood up to say, "She'll be batting her eyelashes on me, sooner than you will know."

He is one cocky man.

I just stared blankly at my wristwatch. It is now 4:25 in the afternoon.

"Tol, I should head over to little Miss Muffet. Baka barilin ako no'n if I go there late." as I scratch my head in defeat.

Nadine's POV

It's Friday and I could not be any happier. This weekend will be fun.
I've been dying to have twobdays off from school activities.

I can decorate my brother's nursery. And mom will be happy to have me around to look after her.

I was in the women's comfort room when I was called by Anya. "Nadine, someone's waitin' for you. Chem guy." and she winked.

"Tell him I'm not gonna get out yet." I lied. My face was just about pink as my cheeks blushed.

James. Yung lalaking 'yon. Pasalamat siya, gwapo siya.

Just as I stepped out the comfort room, someone came at my back. "Hey, I waited for you for almost an hour! What were you doing in there?" he said impatiently.

"Wag mo ako'ng ini-English, ha?! Kung magkulong man ako sa CR, wala ka na do'n!" I did not intend to be mean to him. But he scared me. I did not know he has waited for me outside the comfort room.

"I waited for you for almost an hour!" I can still remember the sound of his voice.

I walked past him. He held my arm, "Wait...I'm sorry for what I've said. And, nag-e-english ako, because I can't speak Tagalog that well."

Without responding, I just smiled. He noticed it and he just smirked.

"Now, you're smiling. Teka, ano ba'ng gusto mo'ng gawin ko for today? It's almost 5:30 in the afternoon." he said as he was fixing his hair.

You are such a conceited guy.

I had an idea. "Hmm. Tutal, the council meeting was cancelled, may pupuntahan tayo." then I dragged him from behind. We went to the parking lot where Manong Lino has stood up talking to another driver.

"Wait, where are we going? And why drag me?" he began to ask. Before I could answer, he confidently said, "If you want to date me, you could've just asked. Madali naman akong kausap." then he smirked.

I almost laugh my ass of if only I was not pissed by his remark.

I'm going to slaughter this guy.

I throw a look at him. Glared at him for a few minutes and whispered, "It's payback time..." and I grinned.

James' POV

Waiting for her at their class room is slowly driving me insane. Her classmates were looking at me as if amused. They even asked me things.

"Hi, James. Who are you waiting for?" says a girl. She was covered in makeup, she almost looked like a clown.

Not you, obviously.

I just ignored them.

Except one girl whom I saw walking with Nadine the yesterday. I made a move to talk, "Uhmm... Have you seen Nadine? Hinihintay ko kasi siya."

"Ah..O-oo.. I'll go tell her, James." then she went back inside.

The classes are over, why isn't she out?

Her friend said that she headed to the comfort room.

What is taking her so long?

I'm growing pretty impatient, it's sundown. Just when I thought of crashing to the women's comfort room, I saw her exited the room.

We argued as always. What else is new? But it was making me smile. With her around just felt fine.

She suddenly grabbed my hand and led me to a parking lot where her driver was waiting.

Her hand was as soft as feather, and it fit on mine like it was made for me. As she wrapped her hand to mine, I cannot help but notice the shiver it has sent through my spine.

It felt so right.

I had to bring myself back to my senses. "Wait, where are we going? And why drag me?" I asked.

But I saw the glitch in her eyes, like there was something going on her mind. "If you want to date me, you could've just asked. Madali naman akong kausap." then I smirked. I know that will piss her off.

She threw a dagger stare at me for a while and whispered on my ear, "It's payback time..."

That just scared me. But the grin that painted on her lips was even more scary.

"Look, I didn't mean to scare you yesterday. Just don't do something reckless." I almost stuttered as I chased my breath.

This girl is scaring the hell out of me. She is definitely the girl I won't dare to mess with.

But I guess there's a matter of a realization that is just a little too late.

Without responding to my plea, she commanded, "Get in the car by yourself. Or I'll make you."

"This shit's gone real," I whispered.