Chapter 14: How To Touch A Girl

The students in DUP celebrates the founder's week with all their dedication. Mayroong maraming activities ang school, so as to pay respect to the families who stood tall in fortifying the portals of the instution.

James POV

After the night that has taken almost everything that makes me smile for today, and gave me everything to doubt for... mas minabuti ko na lang na kalimutan ang kung anuman na makakapag-divide ng attention ko.

We were having fun with the team... at naipanalo namin ang championship. Sigurado kami na proud na proud ang school namin.

Since it was the first night of the founder's week and dahil champions kami, a party awaits us.

After the dinner, students from different clubs began to perform. Nakakalula ang mga performance ng mga estudyante. Pero isang performance ang nakapagpa-tuliro sa akin and almost took my heart away.

Nadine and her band gave an acoustic song number. Hindi kadalasan naririnig ang kanta but I appreciated how she made her version of JoJo's How to Touch a Girl.

"One...two...three..." sabi nya sabay ngiti nang nakakaloko. Napakaganda niya tingnan sa kanyang champagne tutu dress. My heart suddenly stopped as she began to strum the guitar and sang:

"I think I could like you, I already do.
Feelings can grow, but, they can go away too...
You're taking my hand, lookin' into my eyes...
Don't be in a rush to get me tonight..
.....
To satisfy me, baby, got to satisfy my heart"

With that I came to realize maybe it was for me. I saw it in her eyes, she may even like me the way I do. But I also saw the fear and the distrust...

Maybe she is just afraid of commitment.
Or the price that comes with loving.

She continued to sing...nadadala na sa kanta ang mga manonood.

"If you want me so much, first I have to know...
Are you thoughtful and kind?
Do you care what's on my mind?
Or am I just for show?"

That is it. I will not blow the hint painted all over the place. If she want to be friends, be it. Bahala nang kaibigan lang kami, at least hindi siya mawawala sa akin.

Nadine's POV

"Of all, bakit ako pa yung kailangan kumanta?" I sat there, astounded by looking at the programme.

Days passed by quickly, then I have to kick it off. Tonight is the night, I hope I don't blow this. Kung hindi, mapapahiya ako at ang pamilya ko.

Because they dragged me into this, they let me choose what song to use for the performance night. Sana kaya ko humarap sa maraming tao at kumanta. Baka mangatog ang mga tuhod ko.

My heart is beating faster and faster each time. There are people everywhere, crowding the grounds of the school.

"One, two, three...
I think I could like you, I already do.
Feelings can grow, but, they can go away too...
You're taking my hand, lookin' into my eyes...
Don't be in a rush to get me tonight.." dahil sa kaba, muntikan nang mabasag ang boses ko. Pero nabawi ko rin at nakaka-bwelo ns ako nang tama. Until my heart already beats accordingly, to a calm pace, and the tension I felt with the crowd disappeared into thin air. Para lang pala itong sayaw.

Forget the audience. Own the stage.

"I feel something happening, could this be a spark?
To satisfy me, baby,
Got to satisfy my heart."

Pagkaraan nang ilang stanzas, I felt sure of what I was doing. As if I was just speaking up what has been running into my mind towards someone.

Somebody who has been dodging my cue. Siya na palagi akong nami-misunderstood.

"Bring me some flowers, conversation for hours...
to see if we really connect.
And baby if we do, oohh..
I'll be giving all my love to you.."

The crowd was more than pleased with our performance. Nagsipalakpakan at naghiyawan ang mga tao right after that. Tanaw na tanaw ko ang parents ko na masaya para sa akin. I was in euphoria for it.

Ito yung noon ko pa gusto...ang kumanta nang hindi natatakot, at nang hindi nag-aalala na mayroong madi-disappoint sa akin.

I went backstage, and was actually stunned to receive a bouquet of flowers from a familiar face. Para akong napako sa aking kinatatayuan.

Naramdaman kong umiinit ang mga tenga at pisngi ko.

"Uhm... that is for a job well done." he smirked as he kissed me on the cheek. Napangiti na lang ako. "And yes, we could be friends. If that is the next closest thing to being with you." and he kissed me on the forehead ang hugged me.

"So, okay lang sa'yo na friends lang tayo?" I repeated. Gusto ko lang makasiguro.

He painted a smile that may either be genuine or atleast looked like it. Pero may lungkot sa kanyang mga mata. "Y-yeah. Sure. Friends lang."

The whole band were screaming backstage out of his gesture. Kinikilig sila na parang mga ewan. Tumawa ako nang mahina pero namumula na rin yung mukha ko.

Bakit parang may kirot yung pagkasabi nya nang friends lang kami?

A/N: Sorry for the late update mga loves, internet connection issues. :(
But, for the record, I felt this time is right about greeting and wishing the #TeamReal and officially JaDine power couple. sa layu-layo ng prusisyon at mga pinagdaanan ng mag-best friends, they finally came to realize that they have been looking at each other for too long to be just friends. Hurray at magdiwang ang buong Jadineland!