Chapter 10: Kiss to Last a Lifetime

Nadine's POV

Wednesday means Chemistry class will surely knock you down. The instructor made it sound like the discussion was too real, and was just too good to miss out.

I was listening attentively when my phone vibrated.

From: James

Hey, gorgeous. Isn't Chem boring? ;) but I bet you are enjoying.

I can't help but reply. Oh, this man is getting me busted.

To: James

Any branch of Science that concerns the earth and the human race other than Biology is as interesting. And yes, I am enjoying.

After a few minutes, my phone was vibrating again. This guy's getting into my nerves.

From: James

I haven't made it on time to take down notes. :( Can I borrow yours?
Btw, you look great with your hair flowing just as they are. :)

Lazy one. He has always had alibis that are convincing as they are worth being doubted, too.

To: James

Because you are busy SMS-ing. Turn off your phone.
About the hair, thanks. but I just got myself into trouble. Had to deal with this messy hair, tho.

Then just as I was smiling like stupid, Mr. Alvarez snatched my phone. "You know how phones are strictly prohibited in class premises, right? Ms. Lustre, I know you are of significant value to this institution but it does not give you the authority to do so."

I blushed as I tried to sit my face down the table in embarrassment.

Then someone caught his attention, so he just stopped nagging.

"Uhh... I was the one who sent her a message, sir. Makulit lang po talaga ako." I turned my head towards James' direction. He just winked at me as he chuckled.

His action and confession may have aggravated our instructor. He said in sarcasm, "At parang tuwang-tuwa ka pa sa ginawa mo, Mr. Reid. You may be of another significant value, but until both of you become one of them, you are my students. And you have to follow the rules or else..." he warned.

I looked at James and his eyes were glaring at Mr. Alvarez. His fists were closed. He stood up and walked towards our instructor's table.

My mind went a little hazy, so I quickly walked towards him and stopped him from doing what I think he will.

"Naghaharutan pa talaga," Kim threw a glance at us. She likes James too much that it is pretty obvious on how she reacts.

But what is more alarming is, the instructor just yelled, "Both of you, detention for the remainder of the day!"

Now, I am in serious trouble.

James' POV

For crying out loud! Detention?!

Back in Australia, I often get into fist fights. Every day seemed like a party. Detention is just a piece of my celebration every single day.

But by the looks of it, Nadine has never got herself to detention since. I felt terribly sorry for her.

Because we were forced to head to detention, we walked along without even talking to each other.
We sat slugly into the sofa.

Detentions are not that bad, afterall. I have a beautiful girl with me. Only thing is, I am the reason why she is here.