Chapter 11: Friendzoned

Nadine's POV

He did kiss me. I was undeniably out of words. I wanted to slap him, but it felt so good I want to smile.

This is one good dream. I just have to shake it off.

But as I opened my eyes, he was still there. Our lips were still drawn to each other.

This is not the way I wanted my first kiss to be but him being the one to give it to me is the best way to have it.

But something felt wrong. I know I had to do something before I give in to the delusion of being with him.

I must be crazy.

I opened my eyes and took my lips apart from his. I feel so ashamed.

"This is just not right. My first kiss should be with the man I love." my face flushed as I can't help but burst into tears.

James' POV

What?! This is her first kiss?!

I could not even believe what I've heard. The girl who has caught almost every guy in our team has been new to all of these?

My heart skipped beats at once. She is incredibly amazing. Her lips were as red as blood, and as soft as cotton. I wanted to kiss her passionately, but I don't want to force her into it. Then now, I just knew she has never done this.

God, I want to court her and make her mine.

"You see, I am not sorry for what I've just done. But I could make it up to you. Be mine. Be my girl." My voice was even as thrilled as I am.

But she shook her head. It suddenly created a pain deep in my chest. "No. I barely even know you."

I couldn't agree more. We were just Chem buddies. Something might have just happened, but we cannot easily jump into something we might regret.

Shrugging my shoulders, I looked at her and said, "Yeah... I get it. I'm sorry for that one. You might think I am taking advantage of the moment."

She was not even looking at me, or tried to look away from my stare. "W-we can be friends...Yes. qL-let's just be friends."

Was I just dumped? Did she said she only wanted to be just friends?

Yes, I am rejected. I was rejected. And this feels awful. This is not how I thought it would be. What she said offered no room for something good to take place.

Or maybe I just liked her too much without even trying to know if she even likes me back.

"Yeah, I think I'm good with that." I said as I nodded. I am undeniably feeling pain without closure. This makes me sick. "Oo nga pala, there are guys na bino-boyfriend... and there are guys na kung di man seenzoned, eh friendzoned."

I walked away and left her even before detention was over.

Shit happens. And that shit just happened to me.