Episode 54 - Part 1

Episode 54 - Brisk Marshes

Part 1 - Lost in the Swamp

The day was calm, the Condor flew in the sky peacefully. Stork was in the bridge, piloting the ship among the gigantic pointy rocks from the Far Side. Aerrow and Junko were making some adjustments on the skimmers in the hangar. Finn was in his room, but for longer than usual: he was checking himself out for the fifth time in 20 minutes! He was paying much more attention to his appearance just because there was another girl around. He wanted to cause a good impression. Piper and Henny were in the kitchen preparing the breakfast.

"Henny, how do we cook this?" - the navigator pointed to a strange yellow dough that was on the table.

"You knead it for a little while, so it'll become very soft, then you put it on a tray and sprinkle some of this on it." - the foreign girl showed a small bottle with some green powder inside - "Then we bake it. We can also put a few droplets of this flask of çulk to give the cake a tasty flavor when it's almost done baking. But don't put too much of it, that's a really bad experience."

Radarr and Orion were playing hide and seek. The two had bonded so well, they were nearly inseparable. Aerrow's co-pilot always found the best hiding places, since he was small, however, the Xeedwox could blend in really well among the shadows of objects and, since he could fly, he actually could hide in the ceiling, so he had his own advantages as well. The two were playing in the corridor until they felt the delicious smell coming from the kitchen, so they decided to race there.

The crystal mage noticed the pastry was nearly done, so she opened the oven to put a few droplets of çulk. While that, the two animals ran really fast, Radarr managing to surpass Orion, who slipped on a puddle of hair gel that was on the floor, so he slid uncontrollably by the corridor. Near the kitchen's door, the furry mission specialist turned around with a triumphant smile on his face, which quickly disappeared when he saw the dragon-like creature coming at him really fast with no way to stop. The collision sent the little Storm Hawk flying towards Piper, making her drop almost the whole content of the flask on the dough.

"Oh, no." - she said as the dough started glowing.

On the hangar, Aerrow cleaned the sweat from his face with his glove.

"Phew, we're done." - he smiled at the wallop.

"Yeah, they're good as new. Ah... Literally." - Junko commented.

Suddenly, they heard a loud explosion coming from inside the ship and immediately ran to see what was going on.

In the middle of a lot of smoke, Aerrow, Finn, Junko, and Stork sprinted by the corridor. The smoke faded gradually until the boys could see what had happened: Orion had fallen on top of Radarr, almost squishing him. Henny was lying face down with her arms stretched above her head and her legs bent upwards. Piper was lying with her back on the floor and her legs resting on the wall as if she were sitting on it. The kitchen's door was obstructed by a huge spongy yellow cake.

"What happened?" - Finn inquired as he helped Henny up.

"Uh... Just a small problem with an extra spiced cake." - Piper said sheepishly while Junko lifted her from the ground.

"Are you okay?" - Aerrow asked them as he checked on Radarr, the blue furry animal nodding.

"Yeah, but I think the kitchen didn't have much luck." - the lilac girl said.

Junko approached the huge cake and after a moment eyeing it, took a nice bite of it, causing everyone to stare at him horrified. How could he...?