Episode 55 - Part 2

Episode 55 - Overload!

Part 2 - Tough Training

Everything was calm during that night in Techne Reign. So calm that it gave someone the perfect opportunity to put an evil plan into motion. A lone Night Crawler climbed up one of the docks and sprinted in the street. He wore a bit more armor than the rest of his clan and he had yellow eyes, instead of purple or red ones.

He hid behind trees when he saw security robots patrolling an area, so they'd not spot him. He made it to a kind of square and looked for something... There! On the ground, there was an access to the sewer, which was a secret passage that led to the main control panel of the reign. The Night Crawler walked close to the round metallic grate and noticed it was too small for him to fit in... Or so it appeared... He figured out the grate was being concealed by a holographic illusion, so thieves trying to go down through it would give up on the idea after being fooled by the hologram, but that didn't happen this time.

He also noticed the grate had a complex puzzle that had to be solved in order for it to open. Well, now he had three obstacles: getting rid of the hologram that was very likely going to have sensors concealed by it, solving the puzzle and getting in without alerting anyone or letting the system know he opened the grate because the security would obviously be monitoring that.

First, he picked up a roll of metallic paper from his pocket and proceeded to unroll it until he had obtained an amount of paper that had the same measure of the grate's circumference. He carefully placed the metallic paper on the edge of the grate, blocking the hologram's path by reflecting its light, so the sensors wouldn't activate. One problem down, two more to go.

He observed the exposed grate, it showed many of its circuits and some cables were also visible. He considered cutting the cables... But that'd be way too suspicious and the security would track down where the issue came from quickly. Maybe he could fry the circuits. Nah, the result would be the same as cutting the cables... Ah! Jamming the system would be a good idea!

He picked up a device and connected it to the circuits. He began sending several fake signals to the circuits, flooding the system, so the actual signals produced by the grate's security system would be missed by the guards monitoring it.

Now, all he had to do was solve that complex puzzle... He opened the holographic panel and touched it, typing commands to prompt the system to show him the puzzle for him to solve. The puzzle was a bunch of very complex codes that had to be rearranged in the correct order to generate the open command. He touched the panel, sliding lines of code to their correct places until he finally managed it in only one, but long try.

The grate opened and he used another device to scan for traps and such. He found out that only the ladder had a trap on it that would set off an alarm if he touched it. Hm... Very clever... The height from where he was to the ground down there was quite big, a normal person would definitely break both their legs if they jumped in there. But he was no normal person. He was a skilled soldier, so he jumped down and landed perfectly on his feet.

He walked to a panel that showed an arrow pointing towards the control panel, then he ran. Once he got to the control panel room's door, he discreetly peered through the tiny window. There were two guards and a robot inside, plus a security camera in the ceiling. He peeked up a leech crystal and let out a pulse, cutting the power of the room for a few seconds, then he threw the unstable crystal inside, which exploded and knocked out both guards and injured the robot. He then got inside and quickly put a screen with a fake video that'd loop over and over right in front of the camera, to fool whoever watched it for some time.