Episode 58 - Part 1

Note: Kaya and Dr. Sins belong to CarlottaStudios from YouTube and DeviantART.

Detective Fire's appearance design belongs to firewolf121 from DeviantART.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Episode 58 - Clueless

Part 1 - Surprising News

The sound of an alarm ringing echoed through several corridors while red lights flashed in the dark. A shadow came out of an exit door in the huge fortress and ran away under the artificial night sky. Several guards that protected the building ran around crazily, looking for the intruder, but they didn't have success.

A Caucasian woman with silvery blue hair and stormy blue eyes wearing a navy blue and silver uniform with silver armor stepped in the middle of the scene. She knelt and picked up something from the ground, which seemed to be some kind of card. She squinted her eyes in anger.

"It's him!" - she said bitterly.

In the card she got there was a strange mark in the form of a scorpion. It was the signature mark of a certain evil individual she had been investigating. And she was determined to hunt him down at all costs.

~~~

The Condor flew in the skies towards another destiny. The team had a new mascot now since they had decided to take Mr. Softy with them. They got closer to an area filled with many buildings of several kinds. The place looked kinda filthy and chaotic.

"Guys, this is the Praetora Province." - Kaya said to them.

Finn stared through the window unimpressed.

"What's it with you and creepy places?" - he commented, which made her glare at him.

"We won't stay here long. We only need some information from them." - she explained - "I know a few contacts that have a map of the location of the trainer of the bridge of the body."

"So we're not gonna recruit them?" - Aerrow asked.

"Well, I personally don't think it's worth it." - she said - "This isn't a reign, and they don't have a council or something of the sort. Each person here is independent and they normally only work for themselves."

"Why? Who lives here?" - Junko questioned, Mr. Softy resting on his shoulder.

"Mostly scientists, researchers, explorers. People that study a lot." - she told him - "This place's a completely free area with literally no rules. It's even more liberal than Liberty Reign, because they at least have their code, while here there are no boundaries. This makes it possible for everyone to study and research things without any limits."

"And that means?" - Finn didn't really get what was so bad about that.

"Basically, they're allowed to do things in here that'd be seen as unethical and immoral elsewhere." - Piper said, and Kaya nodded - "This isn't really a good thing. Rules are meant to keep people from going overboard. Even the thieves from Liberty Reign followed some rules of their own. These people from here don't have any barriers. They could be doing literally anything, good or evil."

"Yes, and we're going straight to them right at this instant." - Stork said - "In the best case scenario we'll probably be captured and experimented with until we all turn into mindless shells or some mutant creature made by combining all of our bodies." - he spoke sinisterly.

Everyone cringed at that, and Kaya looked at him with a knowing stare.

"No, they won't. They don't attack visitants. Honestly, they won't even pay attention to us, they're all way too focused on their researches to even remotely wish to be curious about us." - the Grandmaster told them - "And we're just gonna visit an information broker, that'll be the only person we'll have any contact with. This should be a quick trip there and back. Nothing more, nothing less."