Episode 59 - Part 1

Episode 59 - The Switcheroo

Part 1 - King of the Condor Once Again

The Condor was flying towards its next destination. They slowed down just a little when they got to a specific location. The sky was clean from absolutely any clouds, except for the huge wall of fog ahead. It was so thick they could see nothing beyond it. They were all gathered up in the bridge.

"I'm bored." - Finn said from where he stood, resting his back against the window with his arms crossed - "Are we there yet?"

"No, we're not." - Piper told him as she shook her head disapprovingly at his behavior - "We're supposed to meet up with Kaya here before we go any further."

"Do you think she'll catch up with us soon?" - Junko asked a little concerned as he looked out the window - "Isn't that too much to fly?"

"I'm sure she'll be here at any minute." - Aerrow said reassuringly.

"Yes... If she's faster than a carrier ship, that is." - Stork mumbled.

"You shouldn't underestimate me." - a voice said, drawing everyone's attention - "I'm a lot faster than it looks." - Kaya spoke as she entered the bridge through the solar roof and transformed into her human self.

"Kaya!" - Aerrow, Piper, and Junko said in unison and smiled, while Stork and Finn just blinked.

"Hi, guys." - the girl knelt as the two little animals on the ship went to greet her - "Radarr! Mr. Softy! How are you two? Did you miss me? Because I missed you!" - the three hugged for a brief moment.

"How did your investigation with Detective Fire go?" - Aerrow asked.

"We found a good lead." - she told them - "We might actually track Dr. Sins and Cyclonis down with it."

"That's great news, Kaya." - Piper commented.

"Yep. We're getting somewhere at last with the searching and all. Now you guys need to prepare for incoming battles." - the Grandmaster said then she turned to the navigator and the sky knight - "You two need to master the bridge of the body. While the rest of us will stay on the Condor and work on some training about teamwork." - she then looked at the others with a sly look - "Besides, you gotta learn how to fend off for yourselves when the number one and two guys from the team aren't here."

Aerrow and Piper exchanged glances awkwardly. It was true that they kind of did most of the planning and coordinating of the team and... That none of the others was an actually capable leader... But still... They had their perks. Yet, they knew Kaya had a valid point. It'd be good for the others to learn how to lead and plan on their own. To... Use their brains more wisely. They couldn't depend on the two like that forever.

"That... Shall be interesting." - the merb commented with a tiny smirk on his face.

The boy and the girl blinked surprised. If Stork had said that, imagine what the others thought?! And their guess was confirmed when they looked at Finn, Junko, Radarr and even Mr. Softy. The blonde had a pleasant grin across his face, the wallop smiled happily, the little caterpillar mirroring him, and the co-pilot seemed eager as well.

"Well, we'll be off, then. Kaya will be in charge." - Aerrow told them as he began to walk towards the door.

"Oh, me? But I'm not even a squadron member." - the little girl said shyly.

"You're the Grandmaster, our trainer and guide, it's just natural that you'd be in charge." - he shrugged.

"Thanks. I'll do my best." - she saluted him - "Good luck, you two. Just remember, you'll head into the fog and fly until you reach the mountain. From then on you'll have to climb."