Episode 60 - Part 1

Episode 60 - The Third Degree

Part 1 - A Recon Expedition

The Condor flew in the skies towards its next destination. One could hear the sound of snickers coming from inside the hangar bay, where Kaya and Sinjin were talking. The first giggled a little about something.

"Haha, you're not serious..." - she said as she wiped some tears, but then looked at his expression telling he meant all of that - "Hahahaha, I can't believe it! Oh, my Gosh! What I'd have given to see that!"

"Seriously, that was all so awkward I myself had started laughing." - he told her as he gestured to himself - "I've never seen anything like that before, but I'll admit I also didn't expect things to end right so easily."

"Hehe, what did I just tell you? By the way, what did you think?" - she asked as she crossed her arms.

"Well, kinda impulsive, headstrong... But with a good heart." - he commented as he subconsciously stared at Aerrow working on his skimmer a few feet away from them.

"There's more, though, no? Well...?" - she insisted, trying to get him to just read her mind so she'd not have to speak out loud.

"Hm... I'd say it's..." - he pondered with a hand on his chin - "Adoration. Lots of it. Oh, and devotion. So much devotion... It's actually inspiring."

"Haha! I know right! Now what can you tell me about that?" - she asked with just as much curiosity while she nodded towards the exit of the hangar bay.

"Smart, comprehensive... Oh, really good with words. I'll confess I was impressed..." - he said almost in awe.

"Hey, don't go getting your hopes high, I already thought of plans here!" - the Grandmaster warned him, shaking her index finger at him.

"W-what? No, of course not! I'm going for something else myself, really." - the spirit shook his hands defensively, quickly dismissing the idea - "As for... What you actually want to know... Lots of devotion too. If anything, it's pretty much the same. But there are some complications. And I'm sure you know why."

"Hm... You're right... The situation isn't that easy..." - she thought of that for a moment as she rested her head against her knuckle and realized he spoke the truth - "Well, no biggie, we need just to shed some light there and we'll have the purest l..." - she even clasped her hands and batted her eyelashes, when she quickly trailed off.

"Just what are you two talking about?" - Aerrow asked after having cleaned the metallic plate of the right wing from his skimmer with a piece of cloth.

"Oh, you were listening? I thought you were working on your skyride." - the little girl said sheepishly as if she had been caught doing something naughty.

"I fixed it already." - the sky knight shrugged a little confused - "Why are you suddenly avoiding the question?"

"Ah, it's really nothing important." - she told him - "Just some... Gossip."

The boy stared at them unimpressed, then turned to the spirit, expecting an actual answer. Right... As if a ghost would like to gossip.

"Sorry, my lips, if I still had any... I mean, just look at this." - the deceased monk said, then materialized his mouth and vocal cords, but when he tried to speak, he suddenly faded away until he was almost invisible, so he quickly stopped and allowed his body to go back to normal - "See that? I had to use all this energy just to do that and it nearly sent me back to the other realm. It's kinda unfair don't you think?" - he complained about his limited materialized soul, to which the boy just blinked with a weirded out face and Kaya grimaced a little in sympathy.