Episode 58 - Part 4

Episode 58 - Clueless

Part 4 - End of the Line

Master Cyclonis and a few Night Crawlers stood in the lab as the doctor just stared at them.

"I have an offer for you." - she said to him - "A unique opportunity to study something no one has ever had access to."

"What's this so interesting research about?" - the merb asked skeptically.

The young Empress laid some scrolls on a table nearby and let him study them.

"I've read that you're not very fond of crystals but you enjoy anatomy, so I think this will pick your interest." - she told him.

He read the scrolls carefully, taking mental notes of everything. His eyes widened briefly.

"This can't be possible." - he said as he picked up two scrolls and read both at the same time - "How did you even come up with this? And the material is extremely hard to find."

"I have more resources than you think." - she smirked - "I've plenty of materials."

"You look set up already, why do you need my help?" - he inquired.

"I have some plans, but the very first prototype wasn't successful." - she explained - "A few tweaks were needed, so I thought I should hire an expert to get it to work."

"And what would I gain from this?" - he asked bluntly.

"You'd have access to endless resources for your researches, not only mine. You'd be able to command your own squadron of Night Crawlers. And you'd live in a very secluded area where nobody'd be able to track you down, my forces already took care of your records as you must've seen by now." - she told him.

He stared at the ground in thought. So it was them that had made him vanish, and also caused him trouble to get to his lab. They seemed desperate for his assistance. He was considering his options. So far the offer seemed to be pretty good, he guessed the "Night Crawlers" were probably the Hooded Shadows, so of course, having a squadron of them at his disposal was a great thing. But still, he should think it through first.

~~~

Piper and Kyx were in the bar, just chatting about what the rest of the Atmos was like. The girl was served with quite the meal: there was a slice of fancy meat, an exotic salad, and some appetizers of all kinds. They didn't look like anything she had ever eaten before, but they sure tasted delicious.

"So, you have beautiful terras like Amazonia, Blizzaris, Rex, Flora and some dangerous places too, like the Black Gorge, Terra Deep, and The Wastelands." - he summed up a few things she had told him.

"Yes. The Atmos is such a vast world. We still don't know everything about it." - she commented.

"Hehe, no wonder, your Atmos is so much bigger than this land. I've lived here for ages and I don't know everything about the Greatland either. I should be ashamed. I really should travel more." - the man said.

"Do you have time to travel when you have to take care of your business?" - the crystal mage asked.

"Not that much time, I confess." - he lowered his head a little - "And you opened my eyes to things that are more important than just taking care of what I have."

"I'm glad to hear that." - the girl said.

"You know, I am a businessman at heart, but I could start over. A clean start." - Kyx told her - "Maybe, one day, if we get to unite our two worlds, I could start a brand new kind of business, like tourism. People could travel through both worlds. I'd have my way of earning what I need and I'd be giving everyone a chance to see the whole world."