Episode 55 - Part 3

Episode 55 - Overload!

Part 3 - System Compromised

Kaya walked towards Aerrow. He had been waiting for quite a while. He was almost growing impatient.

"Is she...?" - he was going to ask if Piper was okay, but the girl interrupted him.

"She's fine. She's resting in the infirmary. In a couple hours, she'll be ready to go." - she assured him - "Now, for her sake, I want you to focus! She's doing her best and she'll need your help, so you better be well trained."

He nodded. He'd do his hardest as well. Suddenly, Radarr appeared, and he was just fine, the meditation really helped.

"Hey, Radarr! Do you wanna train with Aerrow to make him some company?" - she asked him, and the little animal nodded excitedly, that was the very reason he had come to them - "Alright. This part of the training is meant to enhance your strength, speed, flexibility, and resilience. Let's start with some push-ups. Pay 50!"

Aerrow and Radarr positioned themselves and began the push-ups. Not long later they had done 50 and didn't look tired. So far it had been easy going.

"You have a good start, now let's see if you can keep it up." - she said - "Pay 500 but with weights on your backs this time."

"500? Isn't that too much?" - the boy asked. It was one heck of a difficulty spike going from 50 to 500.

"I just wanna see how long you can last. It's okay if you don't make it to 500 in one go." - she gestured for him to position himself, then she sat on his back to be his extra weight - "Now, c'mon! Go!"

He felt the difference when his arms pushed him upwards. That was certainly harder than a normal push up.

~~~

A while later, he was feeling quite tired already but still kept doing the push-ups.

"C'mon! Give me more, Aerrow!" - Kaya shouted in support - "You call that a push-up?!"

He groaned and panted.

"I'm trying my best, Kaya!" - he panted some more - "I... Need to stop a little!"

"Quit whining! Do at least one more push up, then!" - but upon seeing he wasn't doing it yet, she muttered under her breath - "Piper'd be ashamed..."

He blinked, remembering he had sworn to do his hardest. He forced his arms to push himself up one more time.

"There!" - he said as he breathed heavily - "How much was that?"

"201! 299 more to go!" - she told him, causing him to look downwards in dismay. And to think he wasn't halfway through that yet...

He rested on the ground, panting a lot to which Kaya giggled.

"I'm so evil." - she said while staring at the spectator (well, reader in this case), breaking the 4th wall.

Aerrow looked to the side and noticed Radarr doing push-ups beside him, and the weight on his back was a holographic pigeon.

"Hey, how come he gets something super light as his weight when I had to carry you?" - he complained - "That's not fair, he should be carrying as much as I was."

She blinked.

"Are you suggesting that I sit on Radarr?! How inhumane of you! He's too small to carry me!" - she pulled a paper fan out of nowhere and slapped his head with it - "Now go back to doing push-ups! No more breaks for you!"

"What? That's not what I said, I meant proportio..." - he tried to explain himself but she hit him one more time with her fan - "Ouch!"

"Don't back talk to your master, Mr.! You wanna go to the corner too?" - she pointed at the nearest intersection of two walls.