Episode 63 - Part 4

Episode 63 - A Dose of Love

Part 4 - Battle for her Favor

Piper let out a very brief scream as the boys suddenly traded blows. Things were getting very serious, the tension was at its peak and the imminent fight was simply inevitable. Before she could get caught up in it, she quickly ran out of the bridge. She locked herself in Kaya's room, the only room on the Condor that couldn't be invaded by the boys one way or another because of the unique gadgets the little girl used to lock it with. She sighed but then she saw a crate that had fallen over due to the commotion and a pink crystal inside it, which made her remember the shockwave from two days ago.

"No way... It can't be that crystal... That was just a little hiccup, it couldn't have had any effect." - she said, then the crystal released a pulse and she gasped - "It wasn't the hiccup... The crystal started activating on its own after I stabilized it! I gotta contact Kaya about this."

Suddenly, Sinjin appeared, having phased through the wall. She jumped and squeaked startled, then sighed relieved that it wasn't any of the boys.

"I was looking for you." - he said - "I'm starting to get worried about the guys. There's definitely something wrong with them."

As he said that, they heard a knock on the door. Thankfully, it was Radarr and Mr. Softy, so she quickly let them in and locked the door again. Both animals shared the same anguish as the monk.

"I know what's causing this: it's that crystal. It's been pulsating and making the guys act weird for a while now." - she pointed at the pink shining stone - "I need to talk to Kaya, but I can't get to the radio without the guys noticing me." - her head drooped.

The ghost stared at the ground, and all spent a moment in silence, pondering about the situation.

"Stay here, I'll go get it for you. Just give me a minute." - he told her as he phased back through the same wall.

He floated swiftly to the radio in the bridge, then materialized his hands to pick it up. He flew with it back to Kaya's room's wall, taking a very quick detour to Aerrow's room first, then put it on the floor so his hands could take their ghostly form again. He waited for a few seconds, then breathed in deeply, grabbed the radio and focused to make it phase out with him. Afterward, he quickly went through the wall with the radio, then dropped it on the desk and fell to the floor exhausted.

"Hey, you okay there?" - the girl asked concerned, the co-pilot and the mascot approaching him.

"Yeah." - he responded as he panted - "Materializing myself is hard enough, but making other objects intangible as well? That really takes a lot out of me."

"Thanks for the help, you better rest for now." - she smiled in sympathy, the two animals nodding in agreement, then she turned on the radio and attempted to tune into a specific frequency - "C'mon, Kaya... Please, pick up... Please..." - she pleaded quietly.

After a moment hearing only static, a strange noise came out from the radio, and then it seemed to have successfully tuned.

"Hello?" - Kaya's voice spoke through it, bringing hope to them.

"Kaya! Oh, thank goodness you answered." - Piper replied relieved - "We've got a problem here!"

"Piper? What's wrong? I was kinda busy but I can try to find another way to keep things moving on my end if you need me to come back." - the little girl sounded very worried.

"No, it's okay. It's not that serious, don't do it if it'll trouble you too much." - the navigator said - "You can still help us over the radio."