Episode 56 - Part 1

Episode 56 - True Leaders

Part 1 - The Pirate

The Condor was floating in the sky, near what seemed to be the edge of a reign's territory.

"Okay, guys, listen. We're close to Liberty Reign, so we better leave the ship here and go there on smaller rides." - Kaya said to the Storm Hawks standing in the bridge.

"Why? There's nothing wrong with the Condor." - Junko asked.

"Well, Liberty Reign isn't exactly the nicest place around sometimes." - the Grandmaster told him.

"But, they named it after freedom, why'd it be a bad place?" - Finn questioned.

"That's the problem. Freedom." - she explained - "Liberty in there is completely absolute, everyone is 100% free to do anything."

"Wait, so there are no laws there?" - it was Aerrow's turn to ask now.

"Exactly. Everybody does whatever they want." - she told him - "They do follow a code, though: don't mess with your similar. But that only means they won't do great harm to each other's business and such. Any illegal stuff is allowed. Thieves, assassins for hire, gamblers, pirates... You name it, and you'll find it there."

As she said that, they pictured what that reign would be like, full of bandits and illegal things happening constantly. It certainly seemed to be a horrible place.

"Why are we going to such a place then?" - Stork inquired mildly irritated with the proposition of having to travel to that lair of criminals.

"Because Liberty Reign is in the list of the reigns requested to join the war effort." - Kaya showed them the letter Henny had left with them and pointed to the name of the reign.

"What? I really don't think it's a good idea to ask for these people's help." - Piper said uneasily - "Who knows if they'll backstab us?"

"You have a point, Piper. But I think you might be surprised by their loyalty. You see, if anyone tried to conquer Liberty Reign, all of them would go against whoever that may be with everything they have." - the little girl explained - "So they'd definitely join our army and wouldn't turn their backs on us. They might be outlaws, but even they have standards. They'll protect each other and even outsiders that are on the same side from a greater threat."

"I guess it's worth a shot, then." - the sky knight said, though he still sounded unsure - "Let's go, everyone."

~~~

Soon all of them were flying in the skies in their skyrides, even the carrier pilot, something Junko noticed, so he approached the merb's ride.

"Stork? You're gonna leave the Condor alone?" - the wallop asked confused.

"She'll be fine. I've installed a special security system when we rebuilt her in Terra Bogaton and I upgraded it when we added the crystal imbued plates in Warmya Reign." - he replied calmly - "So if anyone ever tries to get on board, I'll know. And then they'll face my wrath..." - he said the last part with a dark tone in his voice, a sinister smile and his eye twitching at the thought.

The flight engineer stared at him with a creeped out expression.

"Eh... Okay... If you say so..." - his eyes moved from one side to another uneasily.

Kaya approached Aerrow's skimmer in her bird form. She noticed he seemed a little troubled.

"Don't worry, just let me do the talking and they'll certainly help us. I kinda have some important influence." - she told him.