Episode 54 - Part 4

Episode 54 - Brisk Marshes

Part 4 - Absolute Trust

The Night Crawlers successfully invaded the village and started wreaking havoc everywhere. They broke artifacts, burned down huts, destroyed some floating platforms, and made all the people run around desperately, looking for safety.

Khoj watched through a window on the meeting hut as his village was attacked.

"I can't believe we're here reuniting to decide if we'll join the war when the enemy is at our door!" - he said in disbelief.

"Oh, the irony..." - Qwan commented, making Khoj glare at him - "What?"

"We gotta fight back. They're trying to bring down their opposing forces before we get to assemble together as an army." - Henny told them, then she put her head out of the window - "Orion! Come here!" - she shouted very loud, and her Xeedwox approached within seconds, then she jumped out the window to hop on him - "We'll keep them busy to buy you time to gear up for the battle."

"Right, good luck out there." - Khoj said as Henny and Orion took off - "Alright, everyone, the armory is over here, follow me." - he opened a very discreet door that led to a narrow corridor like structure and all the other Chiefs went right behind him.

Finn was shooting arrows at the creatures, trying to fend them off, but they were too many, and he only shot one arrow at a time.

"Aww, man! This thing's awful! It doesn't shoot as fast as my crossbow." - he complained - "How does Ravess do it?" - he wondered.

"Well, she used to shoot several arrows at once." - Junko told him as he grabbed a hold of one of the muddy creatures and struggled against it.

"Oh, right..." - he then tried it out with 3 arrows - "How am I supposed to aim the other ones? It's not as if they'll all go straight." - but when he let go of the string, they hit 3 unaware targets squarely in the eye - "Woah, it actually worked!"

He tried to shoot a few more arrows, but when the eyeballs noticed him, they began defending themselves, using the blocking crystals: the arrows simply passed through them, without any effect. Finn gasped.

"They're upgrading themselves to counter us! Again!" - Stork shouted panicked.

"Again?" - the wallop asked.

"Yeah... They've done that before." - Piper approached them while explaining - "They created bodies made out of plants to give them a more solid structure. Now that they have crystals, they'll be even tougher to beat."

"We've beaten great odds before. Let's just do it again." - Aerrow said as he picked up two axes and charged at one of the creatures.

The eyeball noticed the sky knight coming towards it, so it readied an attack with a crystal. The navigator gasped as she saw that, then she picked up the Binding Crystal. When Aerrow was about to strike, and be hit as well, she summoned the power.

"Speed of Light!" - she shouted as the red light enveloped her and her leader.

He was caught off guard by that because he suddenly started moving so fast, that he nearly bumped into the muddy humanoid, hadn't he dodged at the last second by somersaulting and landing behind it. He took the chance to quickly attack it before it could retaliate, successfully defeating it.

"Nice one." - he smiled at Piper - "A little warning first would've been good, though."

She just shrugged a bit awkwardly in response. Well, she had to think fast, it wasn't as if there was enough time for her to tell him her plan. Besides, it would've tipped the enemy off about the strategy.