Episode 61 - Part 4

Notice: So, guys, ever since I last updated this story, I revised it, so I recommend reading it all over again before reading the new chapters. The changes weren't major, mostly just more fluid dialogue and a few more jokes were added.

-----------------------------------------------

Episode 61 - The Comeback

Part 4 - Astral Training Grounds

The Storm Hawks followed Ayrgyn outside of the cave, heading for the portal. Stork immediately dashed over to the Condor to check on it. He held a magnifying glass as he observed its entire hull very thoroughly. It was then that he scratched his finger against what seemed to be a tiny scrape on the metal.

"Hm... What do we have here..." - he mused, already putting up a scheme on his mind to obliterate whoever could have done that.

"Don't look at me, it was already there when I teleported the ship here." - Ayrgyn made that clear from the start. He'd definitely not want to take the blame for that one!

"Then I'll have to figure out who did this the hard way..." - the merb's eye twitched.

"Stork, let that go. For all we know it could've been caused by one of our battles against the Night Crawlers..." - Piper scolded him impatiently. Ugh, he could be a handful sometimes...

"Yeah. And it's not like we'll pick a fight with the people that tried to help us over that, right?" - Finn said a little nervously.

"Why are you suddenly saying that? Did you do something?" - the girl put her hands on her hips, finding that behavior of his suspicious.

"Who? Me? No! Of course not!" - he quickly denied anything, waving his hands in front of himself dismissively.

"You know I can find out if you're lying. Just say it already." - she crossed her arms, causing him to sigh in defeat.

"I... Accidentally spilled some soda on one of the machines in Mr. X's base." - he confessed poking his index fingers against each other.

The memory was played as a quick flashback.

Finn had pressed a button on a vending machine and it dropped a soda can. Once he opened it, though, it shot out the soda like a geyser due to the pressure inside the can, and the liquid fell on the computer nearby. He tossed the can on the trash as fast as he could and walked away while whistling, minding his own business when one of the agents that worked there flashed out of invisibility and blinked horrified at the destroyed machine.

Piper was facepalming at that. Great going, Finn... Great going...

"I hope they have nil crystals there... If not, we'll have to go back to fix it once we're done here." - she told him while shaking her head at him. They could easily have just dealt with that if he had admitted what he did right away. It was way better than having to go all the way there all over again. Oh, well, figures... He only ever learned the hard way, as always.

Once the group got near the entrance, the squadron stopped right before the portal. They looked at it for a moment, studying it carefully.

"Hey, wait a minute! This is that giant pyramid I saw in the picture!" - Finn suddenly said in realization.

"T-This can't be... I was so sure it was a strato elf!" - Stork was dismayed that the photograph had misled him that much to make him confuse a living being with a huge place like that.

"What picture are you talking about?" - Ayrgyn questioned them.

"Just some bad pictures Mr. Lousy Photographer here took from the exosphere when he flew over the Far Side." - Piper said pointing a thumb at Aerrow.