Episode 61 - Part 3

Notice: So, guys, ever since I last updated this story, I revised it, so I recommend reading it all over again before reading the new chapters. The changes weren't major, mostly just more fluid dialogue and a few more jokes were added.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Episode 61 - The Comeback

Part 3 - Rebirth of the Dark

The Storm Hawks stood stunned at the sight of one of their worst enemies, who had been deceased after exploding into millions of pieces, just standing there, well and alive. If you could say that. He didn't really look like himself in the flesh, literally speaking. He had the same overall appearance, but he was made of some strange reddish crystal, and they could see a Medulla Crystal pulsating inside his chest. They heard a painful grunt coming from Cyclonis and quickly looked at her.

She was glowing, and was suffering some kind of mutation: she grew taller, her hair became longer, and her body was a little more developed. Was it just impression or had she aged a couple years? What in the world was going on?! But their questions stopped dead in their minds when they noticed the Dark Ace moving, checking himself out.

"Oh, the cold and black death is coming down upon us!" - Stork murmured.

"Quit it, Stork, none of us is gonna die." - Aerrow scolded him, then he noticed the terrified looks on his friends' faces - "C'mon, guys, it's just the Dark Ace."

Finn let out a half laugh in disbelief.

"'Just the Dark Ace'? Last I checked, he was dead! But now he's standing right there! And look at him! He's not even human!" - the blonde commented.

"I meant that he's just one enemy we beat before many times." - the sky knight clarified - "We can beat him again just fine."

"I'd not be so confident." - Sinjin walked beside him - "That thing is a lot stronger than what you had described this Dark Ace to be." - he pointed at the talon commander made of crystal.

"What? Are you serious?" - the redhead immediately felt a strange desperate feeling creeping inside his heart as he looked back at the crystal man standing on the platform, especially because Sinjin had referred to him as a thing and not a person.

"Dead serious." - the ghost said as he furrowed his eyebrows, then he blinked - "Uh... No pun intended." - he quickly amended rather awkwardly and, soon after, he turned solemn again - "That vessel is dripping with an evil aura, and there's an enormous amount of energy coming from its core. Whatever that Cyclonis just did, she turned the Dark Ace into something new and improved: a killing machine."

"At last, Dark Ace, you've returned." - Master Cyclonis suddenly said, drawing everyone's attention - "And now you can get your revenge for what happened to you. Destroy the Storm Hawks!" - she gestured to the squadron.

The crystal man stared at them enraged, causing them all to gasp and blink horrified.

"But it was her who got you killed, not us!" - Junko shouted in their defense, but he was completely ignored.

The revived Dark Ace charged at them with a yell, and they barely had time to dodge until he collided with the ground so brutally he opened a small crater on it.

"Okay..." - Finn said panting a lot - "He seems way more dangerous now."

"We gotta get out of here!" - Piper urged them.

"I beg to differ." - Cyclonis reactivated the outer force field still set to full block - "You mustn't go anywhere. The party is just getting started!"