Chapter IV

-Caiden Thornton's P.O.V-

I nervously tapped on the car wheel as I made my way out of the college's parking lot. It was always hard to find a free spot, but after I joined GOT7 I never really found that problematic anymore. There was always just enough spots for seven of us. I had no doubt it wasn't just a coincidence. Ross and his influence here must have something to do with it certainly.

Avery awkwardly sat down in the passenger's seat and buckled up immediately. I smiled to myself as I saw her do that. I didn't tell guys, but I liked when people played by the rules. And Avery just proved that she's going to do exactly that.

"So where are we going?"

I asked her while she was typing something in her phone.

"Joy-Joy Coffee shop. Do you know where it is?"

I nodded. Of course I knew, it was almost the most popular place to hang out for most of the students. Except for GOT7. We always had to be different, we would either bring food back at Ross's house where we held our meeting or would go somewhere like Bullet's bar down town.

The reason for that was, Devan once accused that Joy-Joy was just too childish and light for boys like us. For men like us, that was his words. But I knew the second reason, Dorian worked there.

Our little guy that everyone seemed to like, never pointed out that he got the job at that place, but somehow we all knew it and just respectfully ignored it.

"Caiden?"

Avery spoke up after few minutes of driving. She was quite shaky and bit her lip.

"Is everything alright? Should I pull over?"

I asked, my voice seemed worried, but deep inside all was I thinking about, was this bet.

"No, it's okay. But why did you offered me a ride? We just met."

That was my chance, my first opportunity to get a great head start among the other guys. If I was the first to admit that I kind of sort of 'like her' she might be interested in me way more.

"Why did you agreed to take the ride? We just met."

My words surprised even me. What was that? Instead of making her feel like a princess and gave her the thought of falling for me, I teased her. Just like any prime schooler or even middle schooler would tease a girl he likes.

I quickly glanced at her since I should have kept my eyes on the road. She tilted her head to the said and was thinking about something really hard and for a very long time, or at least that's how it looked to me. The whole time she didn't take her eyes off of me. I hoped it's the sign of benevolence.

"You are my brother's friend aren't you?"

Was that what she was thinking about? I mean yeah, I and Colby knew each other for quite a while now, and we always got along, we were like best buddies or something. But I couldn't understand how that changes anything.

"Sure. We're bros."

I added and giggles. That word sounded somehow strange. Avery nodded satisfies with an answer.

"Do you really think he would have let me go with you, if he didn't trust you?"

The question came out of the blue. I really didn't expect that and to be honest didn't even think about what Colby could have done if he didn't want his sister to come along with me. I saw the lightning bolts he was sending towards Devan.

I didn't know how close Avery and her brother was and if his opinion did even matter to her. But after this sentence I was almost sure that the guy, who wants to win this bet better be prepared to meet her brother. I didn't want to be in Devan's place at the moment.

"I mean, I'm pretty sure Colby would find me anywhere if something happens to such a pretty young lady as you."

I complimented her trying to hide my real thoughts and plans. I think I succeeded as I with corner of my eye I caught her blush a bit, but she quickly gained back her pail skin tone.

We stood silent for the rest of the ride. I stopped the car in front of the coffee shop and searched for Dorian anywhere in there. Shortly I noticed my friend serving the costumers sitting near the window. He looked up and almost waved.

Something held me back, the last second just before I was going to wave at him, the realization stroke. All of the GOT7 guys agreed to be in the bet that meant that Dorian will most definitely won't waste his opportunity.

Why didn't I think about a danger of situation before I dropped off Avery here?

"Thanks for the ride."

She said and was about to get out when I suddenly grabbed her hand and stopped from leaving.

"Can I see you again?"

O asked as if this was some cheesy teen drama. It seemed strange even for me how I blurted this out of nowhere, I met this girl like an hour ago, I didn't doubt that now I looked like a weirdo for her.

"Aaaa...sure."

Avery agreed and slowly nodded.

"I see you soon then."

I smiled at her and she left the car grinning to me right before she closed the door. I hit the wheel with my palm and smashed my head against it. What was that? Very smooth Caiden, now she thinks you're a creep.

-Avery McCoy's P.O.V-

I chuckled and quickly looked back glancing at the car Caiden was sitting in. I had to admit the boy was really good looking and seemed nice, he even showed interest in books, which was always great.

But his sudden approach of me seemed strange. I didn't say I don't like it, but something in my head was alarming me, some little quiet voice in my mind kept on repeating the same thing over and over again. "Don't get caught in this. He's in GOT7, just like Devan. He might be a bad guy."

But I silenced that voice, I couldn't judge Caiden without giving him a chance first. Besides Colby seemed to know him very well, maybe he isn't as bad as I could have thought.

"Over here!"

I heard familiar Sherry's voice and turned to the direction it was coming from. My jaw dropped as I saw some girl, who had all of the qualifications to be my best friend, but was definitely not her. I slowly walked towards her and sat down in the chair in front of her. Sherry, or the person, who was supposed to be Sherry smiled to me. I looked around searching for the camera's but there was none, except for security purposed ones.

"What happened to you?"

I asked and the rooms' temperature dropped that's how cold my voice was.

Thanks for reading!!!!! Please vote and leave a comment if you're enjoying the story! Love ya ♥♥♥

TheBabelle