Chapter VII

-Avery McCoy's P.O.V-

The guy stood up straight and tilted his chin up. He cracked his knuckles and spited on the side walk. It was so old-Hollywood-movies that it even made me cringe a bit. I was pressing my purse that I just got back between my hands that I thought I will break everything that was inside.

"What are you going to do Coffee guy?"

Did he just actually dared to call the nice waiter, who stood up for me and Sherry like a true hero, who needs no cape, coffee guy? If that so-said-coffee-guy won't finish this dude off, I will do it myself. He will smile to the side walk he just spit on, of course if he will still have teeth.

"I'm going to teach you a lesson."

He calmly stated.

"I'm so scared. Are you going to drown me in coffee cream?"

Even Sherry was shaking, neither one of us could stand this stupid bully, who though that he was better than everyone else.

"I wouldn't waist those precious resources on someone like you."

He stated and rolled his sleeves up.

"You're dead."

The man stated and jumped forwards trying to knock the waiter down.

"Right behind you, moron."

He stated pointing at someone behind the man, before he was able to even touch the waiter. He turned around only to meet with Tyrell's fist. The punch was targeted just right and the man fell from the power of it.

"Are you okay?"

Tyrell asked he was standing in front of me, but his eyes were set on Sherry. Come on, what was this dude trying to hide? It was too obvious not to notice. He liked my best friend. Not that I approved or anything...

"I am, yeah."

She admitted, but her face was screaming that she's not. And she couldn't have been. Tyrell looked like her dream guy and from personal experience I knew very well what qualifications they needed to have to even make it to "meh" guys' lists. All though he really didn't act like a prince on white horse she was waiting for.

"Are you?"

The waiter checked on me this time. He was scanning those two with his eyes just like me, we noticed each other glaring at the couple and chuckled as we exchanged glances.

"I am, thanks, you saved me twice today."

I waved with my purse in front of him and bit my lip. I was never this clumsy before, maybe Devan's sudden approach that came out of nowhere distracted me? I don't know, but something was off with me.

"Glad to help." He bowed to me. "Did you find the note I left you?"

He shyly added after and his eyes went straight to my forehead. He was too afraid to look into my eyes. Other day it might made me think he's a softy, but today it seemed nice how careful and shy he was, it was much needed change from the cold treatment I received from Devan for the past few years.

"I did."

I softly chuckled again and pulled the note out of my pocket. He grinned as he saw the paper piece in my hand and tapped on the ground with the front of his shoes.

"What would you say?"

I pretended to think about it for a minute, I could see how he slowly got nervous, but I was still teasing him.

"I can't say no to my hero."

I finally agreed, the pair of dark brown eyes pierced me, it was Tyrell, he looked away from Sherry, who was still glancing at him intrigued. Now he was staring at me like dealing with a hard math equation.

"And how about me?"

He asked and I had to check if I didn't mishear that. What did he mean by that? Did I owe him something, did I miss out on something?

"What do you mean, Tyrell, that's you name right?"

I wanted to know, but I couldn't miss a chance to mess with him. Just a minute ago he was flirting with my best friend, no one does that.

"When will you go out with me?"

My jaw dropped.

"In some other life, maybe."

I threw the answer in to his face and grabbed Sherry. I flashed a smile with a little apologizing expression toward the waiter as we were getting further and further away from them with every step. Suddenly I stopped.

"Wait!" I yelled at the guy and he raised his eyebrows. Tyrell was shooting his friend with his stare as I still ignored him. "I forgot to ask your name."

I heard Sherry snort and I had to lightly punch her on the shoulder to make her shut up. Like she never makes any mistakes. Yeah right, Miss perfect. Well she kind of was Miss perfect: good grades, perfect looks, wonderful relationship with her parent... but you get what I'm saying, we're all just humans.

"It's Dorian, Dorian Klein."

I nodded to myself trying to remember the name. I was always good with that kind of stuff, but it was quite a few names to remember for one day. First Caiden, after that, Tyrell, and now, Dorian. But I think I got it.

"I'm Avery."

I shouted back. Why were we shouting like idiots in the middle of the street? Don't ask me!

"I know."

Sherry punched me on the shoulder lightly just like a couple of second ago I did to her.

"Did you hear what he said?"

She asked me silently almost whispering. I nodded, I think we both were thinking the same thing. Why does he know my name? I waved saying a goodbye and Sherry dragged me to the side.

"What?"

I asked her checking if someone was after us or something if she dragged us out of the road like that.

"What? You don't find it creepy that the guy you just met knows your name?"

I thought about, but it didn't take me a while to come up with the conclusion.

"No, it's kind of cute."

Sherry seemed shocked.

"Girl, maybe I was the one to change my look, but who the hell ran over my best friend, because it's not you. Na-ah."

"Chill, I'm just being calm about it."

I laughed and she threw one last suspicious stare towards me. What can I say, I'm surprising myself today.

Please comment about the story if you have anything to say about it, I would love to hear it!!! Love ya ♥♥♥

TheBabelle