Chapter XXXXIX

-Caiden Thornton's P.O.V-

Avery opened her arms and Ada ran in to her whither. The girls hugged as I heard some machine beep. Everyone turned to the bed and tubes, which was connected to Devan's body. The cardiogram didn't look too good, it was going up and down way too fast to seem normal.

"Maybe I should walk you out."

I carefully said to Avery grabbing her hand and slowly drifting her away from the room.

"Hey, what the hell man!"

Jeramiah suddenly complained out of nowhere. I turned to him and the question was just screaming from my face. Avery looked confused too.

"Yeah, why do you think you're the only one, who can do that?"

Dorian suddenly added. I looked at both of my friends, who seemed to be outrageous at the most inappropriate moment possible.

"Are you kidding me? I'm just leading our way out!"

I said and let go of Avery's arm. She looked down at her wrist like something, some part of her body was just cut off. I wanted to hug her and drag her as far away from here as possible. She shouldn't have seen any of this. She was strong enough to handle it, but it didn't mean she has to suffer from the pain looking at Devan losing his life second after second.

But I couldn't risk pissing off my mates anymore, so I just let her go. Dorian and Jeramiah exchanged glances as they walked closer to me. The sounds of this machine going crazy should have alarmed doctors or at least some nurse, someone in charge, I don't know. But so far, nobody showed up.

"You think we won't understand that this is how you're planning to win the bet?"

Jeramiah hissed grabbing my collar, he was a little bit taller and I had to resist the urge to tip toe as he did that. Usually I would have laughed in to his face, shook off his hands, stood up for myself, but now, my best friend's life was in danger. Couldn't they see that I did not care about any bet at all?

"Shut up you idiots!"

I told them and Avery gasped. Ada stepped back and fell in to Alec's arms. He hugged his sister and glared at our trio disapproving. I wouldn't agree of this foolish situation neither, but other guys didn't seem to understand that.

"We want to win just as bad as you, Caiden. You're not better."

Dorian whispered probably thinking that Avery couldn't hear him. And she most likely couldn't. But even if she was able to recognize the words that came out his mouth she wouldn't have cared, not now.

"THERE IS NO BET LEFT!"

I finally yelled out and Jeramiah let go of my collar. He glanced at me in disbelief and exchanged stares with Dorian once more. Dorian raised his eyebrows waiting for explanation. Tyrell crossed his arms on the chest and bit his lip, Ross nervously looked around and Alec just tightened his grip around his sister.

Avery looked like she was about to break down. I heard people rushing towards the hospital chamber and I knew they were going to run in to the room at any second, there was no time to waste.

"Caiden, just explain already!"

Ross lost his patience.

"She knows everything about the bet."

I pointed at Avery and it looked like she finally caught on what was going on. Her expression said it all. She wished to forget the information she knew.

"It's true, I'm aware about your games."

She agreed with me and nodded to every single guy in the room cleverly going over Devan without glancing at him.

"Avery!"

Alec shouted as she ran out the room wiping her tears off. The doctor jumped backwards, Avery almost bumped in to him, but she didn't stop and apologized to him as she would have done any other time. Just like me, seeing Devan in this condition, changed her.

"I should go after her."

I said bouncing and let my legs do the job. I was running so fast after the shadow Avery's body threw I didn't notice at first that other five people were following me.

I looked back and the whole GOT7 squad, except Devan, was chasing me like a pack of angry or hungry wolfs. I wasn't their target, she was. But she wasn't going to be killed by those creatures. She was one of the wolves and they never leave their gang member behind.

I nodded to them and made our way to the exit full speed. I couldn't see Ada anywhere. She was probably left by Alec in the room, or outside of it, while doctors took care of Devan. Someone must have stayed with him. I cursed myself that I didn't think of it, but I was glad that at least Ada didn't leave him.

After all she was the one who had involved us in this hospital drama. What got in to her that she decided to kill herself? She always seemed to be so happy, her bright personality would fill up college's hallways. I guess the cheerful face was just a mask. All of us knew the feeling of hiding way too well.

"Avery!"

The chorus yelled as they saw the figure of the girl headed towards the road. I was not going to let her walk out there. It was enough for me to see Devan fighting for his life. Avery had to live. For herself. For her brother. For me and for Devan, she was needed here.

I increased my speed, I was running so fast everything around me blurted. I have never ran so fast in my life, I was proud and scared, just adrenaline could have done this to me.

"I got you!"

I said to her ear as we both fell on the ground, on the side walk way to near the road for my heart not to explode. The rest of the group caught up with us within few seconds and guys helped me and Avery get up. Tyrell and Ross offered me their hands as Alec picked up Avery from the ground.

A little cut on her forehead was bleeding, but not so bad that we could have started worrying about her life. She looked brushed up and weak, but not dead. That's a relieve.

"Caiden, I can't stand this! If he's not going to survive, why should I live?"

I shook my head, I disagreed with all my heart. From this point I did not care who she was going to give her heart to, I only wanted her to be happy and alive.

"He's going to survive."

I said sure. I could feel how other guys looked at one another in disbelief. Didn't' they have hope?

"How would you know?"

"Because he has you."

Hey, thanks for reading I love ya all!!!!

TheBabelle