Chapter XXXVIII

-Colby McCoy's P.O.V-

"Sherry?"

I asked and the girl that just came out the door blushed a bit. She was following some guy, who just left the room too, he seemed familiar, but I couldn't recognize him.

"Hi, Colby."

She nodded to me and grinned quite awkwardly. The guy that kept her company was staring at me, but when I looked at him too, he suddenly changed the direction he was looking at and now glared at Dorian.

"You guys, know each other?"

Dorian seemed confused. But it shouldn't have surprised him. He must have known what was going on.

"Yeah, Sherry is my-"I stopped to think about it for a second the guy, who walked out before Sherry was just piercing my lips like hoping to figure out the answer before actual words left my mouth. I felt kind of sad that she moved on from me, but at the same time, I felt no anger towards the guy. I knew the position he was in right now and I didn't want to ruin his expectations towards Sherry, so I kept the fact that she's my ex-girlfriend to myself. "I mean, she's Avery's best friend of course we know each other."

The guy with Sherry looked relieved, but Dorian was still analyzing my words. Of course it didn't slip through his eyes, or ears, that I started off the sentence differently at first, but when changed it.

"Yeah, that."

Sherry agreed, but scolded me in her mind obviously. Did she wanted me to brag about the relationship we had? Isn't she with that guy, whatever his name is? Sherry Welch, what are you doing to me?

"Anyways guys, I have to go now, I promised Avery I'll be back soon. I'm sure I already wasted my time limit."

Everyone nodded. Dorian looked at the clock on his hand and seemed to be counting something.

"Yeah me too, I can't be late for a class."

He turned around and waved at me leaving. He was a weirdo, but we got along. The guy with Sherry looked at me and offered his hand to shake I took it and glanced at him.

"Tyrell Cortez."

He introduced himself and that ringed a bell. He was one of the GOT7 guys. The club that did everything around school, and still no one was really sure of that they were doing. I heard rumors that they were like campus police working in unite with teachers or even police officers to keep the campus in order.

"Colby McCoy."

I could clearly see how awkward it was for Sherry to stand there.

"I'm gonna go now."

She mumbled and smiled to us both before leaving. I followed her with my eyes as she took the turn on the corner and I got back to Tyrell, who was also staring at her.

"Hey." I put my hand on his shoulder and he looked at me. I nodded towards Sherry commanding him to follow her. Anyone who was lucky enough to have Sherry should have never let her go. I was stupid enough to make that mistake, but I didn't want him to do that too. For the sake of her. "Take care of her."

I saw him completely agreeing as he nodded to me and started running after her.

I walked in to the library that was somehow very quiet, and it shouldn't have been, since there was supposed to be people right around here. I glared at Avery's desk and I saw both of them, Devan and my sister, behind a huge pile of books. But they weren't behind the desk.

Devan was standing with both of his hands on the shelf stocked with books, they were in the level of Avery's eyes. She was leaning on to the shelves with her back pressing against it and Devan's arms from left and right of her sides.

The intensity in the room was quite obvious.

"What do you think you're doing?"

I sort of asked sort of yelled. Something boiled up inside me. After all it was my sister, who he was pressuring. Devan backed up like seeing me for the first time in his life. It took him few second before his eyes came back to the normal color.

"Calm down. She's fine."

From my point of view my sister most definitely didn't look fine. She was shaking, her skin was pale and her eyes were huge.

"Avery, are you alright?"

"Kind of."

She answered and went back to her desk without even looking to me. Devan came back to categorizing books. It seemed like nothing happened. But I swore to myself that I will keep an eye on this Devan guy.

"Avery, I was wondering, I wanted to go out tonight, but... is it okay with you?"

I was excited for Dorian's invitation to come hang out with a guys from the club. I didn't really know them, except for Caiden and Tyrell now, and if I wasn't mistaking, Devan was one of them too. However it wasn't very important for me who they were. I just wanted some night out with guy friends. It's something I didn't have in a long time.

"Yeah, sure. You go do that."

It didn't look like Avery was paying much, or any, attention to what I was saying. She was caught up in her minds trying to figure out something out. I couldn't think of any other reason why she was deep in her thoughts. It was probably Devan's fault.

What Satan told me to leave them alone? I felt guilty.

"I don't think you understand."

I tried to make it sound as reasonable as possible. I really didn't want her to get mad at me or anything. I needed Avery calm and preferably with working brains.

"I don't understand what?"

I took a deeper breathe, it didn't seem like she was going to make the world stop spinning, but who knows, this girl was unpredictable.

"I will go out Avery. That means you will be all alone."

It reached her brains, but it didn't change her opinion or expression.

"I know, I'm not stupid. Colby you don't have to worry or care after me like I'm a baby, because I'm not."

"Well, you will always be my baby sister."

She finally grinned, but her eyes were killing me. I said it loud enough for Devan to hear. And now both of us could clearly sense that he was listening.

"Thanks, you're the best brother ever."

You don't have what to compare me to. I thought to myself, but didn't say it out loud.

"I will make sure there will be no creeps around my sister."

It was supposed to sound like an encouragement words for my little sister, but in reality it was a warning. And Devan should have heard that. That's right Devan, you better watch your back. No one messes with Colby McCoy's sister.

Hello! Silent readers kills the author, so please save lives and comment!!!! Thanks for reading and voting! Love ya ♥♥♥

TheBabelle