Chapter XXVIII

-Avery McCoy's P.O.V-

The Friday came. Whole week I could feel Devan throwing glances at me, I resisted the urge to stick my tongue out for him, and at least he wasn't teasing me anymore. Ever since Caiden heard as talk about the first kiss two of us shared, Devan seemed to be too... embarrassed? He didn't even greet me in the morning.

However everything besides that seemed to be falling in to the right places. Caiden didn't bother asking me more about what he accidentally heard me and Devan talking about. He would smile and greet me every morning. I would grin at him too, but I wasn't too happy to see him. After the girl who claimed to be his girlfriend threw a cake at me.

But since I started suddenly founding roses with cute short notes all around the library with his name under the text, I couldn't help, but smile, even if I didn't let him know that those notes made my day. Maybe I would have let him know, if not the fact, that I suddenly started to get more and more involved with Alec.

I almost forgot the first time we met, how harshly and out of nowhere he started kissing, a she said in order to keep Sherry from recognizing me, now I could only think about the background that he came from. I was curious, but I never expected that his calm face could have hid so many emotions underneath.

We didn't talk much after he opened his heart to me. I t was still strange how quickly he felt trust in me to tell something like that. Words lost its meaning, we would just sit on top of the roof in the observation deck for hours without talking. He would wrap his arms around me protectively and that's how I spent my lunch break for the past week.

At least Colby didn't have to worry about me, I was still in college's territory.

Jeramiah haven't called me, but we texted all the time. Mostly because I didn't want to disturb the silent library's readers by talking with someone on the phone, he was already scheduling our next meeting, I didn't mind but he said he wanted it to be a surprise. And truth to be told, I liked knowing the situation rather than getting surmised. I just didn't tell him that.

"Excuse me?"

I lifted my head and put the finger on to the line in the book I was reading. My eyes popped as I saw, who came up to me.

"Ye-Yes?"

I recognized the profile of this girl. She didn't look much younger or older than me, she probably was my age and had this very charismatic smirk in her eyes. It was the same girl I saw Caiden hanging out with in the Bullet's bar after I ran away because I saw one more girl trying to kiss him. In conclusion he had a lot of girls around me.

"I would like to take some books with me. Can I sign here at your desk or is it somewhere else?"

She looked around, but her first guess was right I was in charge of that kind of stuff.

"Mmmm... sure."

I nodded trying to calm myself down. She's just another reader. No one else. Caiden's business is not my business.

"Ada!"

Someone shouted in the library and I gasped at instant. It was my first instinct to shut the person up, almost no one even talks in library I don't even think anyone would dare to shout here. But this person was living proof I was wrong. And it happened to be Caiden.

"Oh, Avery, glad to see you, listen, I have to ask you something-"

"Colby."

I invited my bother cutting Caiden off. I, Caiden and the girl looked around searching for the guy I just called out but no one showed up.