Chapter XXXXVIII

-Avery McCoy's P.O.V-

I rushed in to the hospital. Caiden was holding on to my hand as we both run in to the hallway, however we had no idea which direction we should go next. Both of us looked around hopelessly and Jeramiah walked in behind us.

"Where is he?!"

I yelled out of the frustration instead of just talking. Chills went down my spine as Jeramiah pointed at the west wing of the hospital. "Serious injuries". I could remember my mom telling me about what is each's wing's purpose, she remembered all the stuff from the times she used to work as a nurse.

"Wait for me!"

Caiden shouted as I let go of his hand end started running though the hallway, Jeramiah was following me, trying to coach me which direction should I go.

"What he..."

A guy jumped backwards as I pushed the door in to the chamber with all my power, I almost hit him, he would probably be lying on the floor by now, or could just join Devan, since he would get injured.

"Sorry."

I blurted out recognizing Alec. A small spark appeared in his eyes, but he quickly shook it off and led my way. Was that a tear? I might never know.

Emotionless, lifeless face was lying on the white pillow, which was almost the same color as the skin of the guy. It was Devan, my souls has been crushed from the moment I saw him in hospitals' sheets. I kneeled down in front of that bed, where he was connected to all of this beeping and squeaking machines.

I prayed. I silently prayed for someone to save him, I had no God or anyone in particular at all as I said my prayer, I just wanted someone to hear me. I wanted to see him smile again as he used to, I could have given anything for a chance to see his eyes.

I felt a weight as someone put their hand on my shoulder. It was Caiden, he was looking down trying to get me up. Eventually I listened to him, but the moment I stood up I collapsed in to his embrace and drown my face in to his chest. Tears were falling down and I bet the whole hospital heard me sob.

All other six guys were standing around the bed with their faces buried in to their chest, they were all looking down at their leader, protecting him from his monsters as he would always use to guard them. I wanted to yell at that, to make them step back and look up for once.

Standing there made me feel like Devan was already gone. They looked too sad to believe that there is hope. I leaned in and grabbed his hand, the shock as he didn't press my fingers back hit me so hard I got dizzy.

"Is anyone going to tell me what happened?"

I said weakly. It was a wonder itself that someone managed to hear me. Caiden stroke my hair slowly while patting me on the back. I closed my eyes and for one tiny second, for one precious moment, I could have imagined that it was Devan holding me in his embrace.

When Ross tapped me on the shoulder and I turned around, I could swear my heart was going to jump out my throat and leave me as lifeless as Devan lying on the white hospital bed.

"He's a hero Avery, it's the first thing you should know."

The sob locked my throat. The feeling that came after Ross's words was indescribable. No one should have experienced seeing their loved ones in the position Devan was right now. I couldn't imagine a hero attached to the bed like this. Or could I? I needed to know more.

Those words were like tubes connected to Devan's body for me. They were keeping him alive and whatever Ross was about to say to me should have had the same effect on myself.

"Hero with no cape."

Alec added and kneeled down, tears were rolling down his cheeks, it has already wet his collar, but it didn't look like somebody cared about such unimportant little things right now.

"What he did shall never be forgotten."

Ross told me while patting Alec on the back. He wipped off the watery cheeks and stood up again. Everyone else was silent. Caiden, because he, just like me, had no idea what happened, Tyrell, because he was too concentrated on scolding himself, I just felt how he was cursing without stopping, for not being there when Devan needed him.

Jeramiah, he wasn't even looking at the bed, he turned his back on GOT7 leader, but not because he felt no respect for him, the reason why was obvious, he was not strong enough to handle the emotions that came after seeing his friend balancing between life and death.

Dorian was crushed too. More than anyone else, he might not been the youngest, but for sure, he was affected almost the strongest by the view he had in front of his eyes.

"Please."

I let go of Caiden's hands and escaped his arms. He tried to pull me back in, I don't know, more for his own or my sake.

"Avery, don't..."

He tried to warn me. But why?

"Please, I beg you, tell me already!"

I was standing in front of Alec, who had the most painful look on his face, he seemed even more hurt than the time he told me the truth behind his bad boy image. Ross pressed his friends shoulder with his fingers and nodded encouraging him to speak.

"He... Devan, he saved Ada."

I looked at Devan. His face was calm, but on the other hand, what was I expecting?

"He pulled her from the road before truck was able to hit her."

Alec sobbed a bit as thinking about his little sister. I looked around and Caiden did the same, but Ada was nowhere to be seen.

"He saved her life and took the hit on himself instead."

Finally both of the guys with help of one another finished the story, However I felt like there was something more to be added. My sixth sense didn't disappoint me.

"I was going to kill myself, but I never wanted to kill someone else."

Weak voice from behind me stated and as I turned around my eyes met Ada's. They were just as puffy and red as the last time I saw her right before climbing up on the roof to see her brother. Was that the thought of the suicide that changed her attitude back then?

"He is truly a hero."

Caiden joined the conversations. The words he said seemed so hard, they were so toneless, but at the same time, like coming from the bottom of his heart.

Thanks for reading!!!!Love ya ♥♥♥

TheBabelle