Chapter XXIII

-Avery McCoy's P.O.V-

As I guessed the morning was quite harsh, like the world had no mercy on me. I woke up and was already running late, Colby had to drag me out of my bed, literally. I refused to leave the comfortable palace I built there for myself, but finally he succeeded and I was lying on the ground with my sheets. Well, at least I had them.

My brother sighted and got out of my room. I was never usually like that, but Colby wasn't the early bird either, I couldn't remember the last time he was ready in the morning, especially quicker than me. But now he was standing fully dressed. It must have been midday or something.

I glared at the clock and gasped. I was mad late if I wanted to make it in to class, before professor kick me out without right to come back. If there was such thing. I don't even know what I was putting on. I wouldn't be surprised if my clothes didn't match, at all.

The last night was rough, I tried to go to bed as early as possible, but I ended up there as always, after midnight. Of course, it wouldn't have been bad since it became like my habit, but I was lying on the bed useless, rolling around in sheets, which started to get warm after the while and couldn't sleep.

Too many thoughts took place in my head at the same time. JJUST LET ME SLEEP ALREADY! No one listened. And what did I expected?

"Oh, the coffee machine broke."

Colby casually stated sipping tea from his mug. I threw him the look that should have killed him at instant, but instead he was still there with no red laser dot on the forehead. No surprise there, it wasn't a movie.

If it was a movie, some probably really handsome guy would have run up our stairs, knocked in the door, I would have opened them and he would be blown away by my stunning looks. He would have a coffee cup in his hand, that's too, that's the main thing. The theme everything is flowing around. A love story based on coffee. I like it.

"And you're telling me now?"

Colby shrugged his shoulders and took another sip.

"You know that you look like someone just killed the zoo and threw everything on you."

I couldn't believe him. He changed the subject and to what? To something I didn't have too much, if not enough confidence in. What a great supportive older brother I have.

"Let's just go. And stop by Joy-Joy."

He shook his head and put the mug in to the edge of the table I wouldn't be surprised if it fell later.

"No time. You will be late. Me too."

I came up to my brother, who was way taller and muscular than me, grabbed his collar and made him lower down to my league.

"You will take me to Joy-Joy if you like your head on your neck and not in the trashcan."

I hissed and shockingly Colby immediately listened to me. Good I liked this influence.

"Okay!"

He finally gave up and after five minutes of deriving he parked in front of Joy-Joy coffee shop. I inhales the smell of the hot drink and sighted in satisfaction. The day will be good as long as I can think straight, and what better way to make me do so, if no coffee.

I walked in and ordered latte immediately. At first I didn't remember that Dorian should have been here, because he works here. But when I did, I realized I shouldn't have expected to see him here at this time of day, he probably was in the class. But it still wasn't as exciting to see another waiter taking my order.

I leaned onto the bar waiting for him to come back with my coffee cup. I just waved to Colby, who I could clearly see though the shop's window, he was bouncing in his seat, I didn't believe that he was scared to be late, but I didn't want to tease him either. Who knows, he might just drive off without me.

I looked away from Colby and froze. Right next to me there was a girl standing. She was ordering at the moment and while the other waiter took her order she didn't notice me near her, but as she leaned on the bar just like me waiting to be presented with the glorious drink, she looked around at one second our eyes met.

I recognized the face. How could I not? It was definitely the girl, who tried to kiss Caiden yesterday. She wasn't the same one with who I saw him in the bullet's bar, but this one seemed to be way more aggressive, her attitude just scared me, chills went down my spine as I remember how we met.

She called me a bitch, and she didn't even know me after that she accused Caiden that he's not kissing her and she's his girlfriend. She basically hang herself on his neck.

"You!"

She yelled and hissed at the same time recognizing my face, I was about to ran as far away as possible with the speed of light, I most definitely didn't want to meet her again.

"Yeah me, and you are?"

I suddenly stopped, turned around and asked her calmly.

"Don't you ever go near my boyfriend!"

She shouted and before I was able to realize what she's about to do, the girl grabbed a plate with the whole cake in from the counter and just threw it at me. I would have expected to see something like that happened, even worse, to be caught up in the middle of something like that.

It's not like I haven't seen food fights happened before, but there was a whole freaking with a plate flying right at my face, and I have to say she deserves some points for detecting the target so quick and right, but everything seemed to be in slow-motion. Until I felt my body falling to the ground.

"DODGE!"

Dorian yelled, wrapped his hands around me and jumped pulling me out of the dangerous cake's way. Dangerous cake, yeah, that kind of thing exist.

I opened my eyes and saw Dorian lying on top of me with his hands around my waist and head protecting from possible injuries. With the corner of my eye I saw the girl standing next to counter and it looked like steams are about to show up from her ears, everyone was staring at us like in some action movie.

The villain aka the girl near the counter, who threw the cake, and two heroes, me and Dorian, I have admit he was more of the hero for pulling me out of the way before I got hit, and I was just fine accessory, a lady main actor falls in love in the end. Ew, how cliché. The piece of the cake was all over the floor like used bullets after skirmish.

"Avery, you alright?"

Dorian asked and unwrapped his arms. He wasn't wearing an employee's uniform so I assumed he just came here to get his coffee too.

"Yeah, I think I am now."

Wait, what did I just say?

Hey! How is the story going please comment and vote if you like it, it means the world to me!!!!! Love ya ♥♥♥

TheBabelle