Keeper Of My Heart

Y/N was so excited, or she previously had been. When she'd read the note that Minho had slipped her whilst she was working that afternoon that he was going to have a picnic made for just the two of them. Or that's how it was supposed to go. Y/N was surprised to see that Minho soon appeared with an irritated expression and a smug Thomas close behind.
Not that she minded of course, Thomas was her friend but she had hopes that her and Minho could have some precious time alone for once as she was slowly building up the courage to tell him finally how she truly felt, but as usual it just wasn't the right time. The mood was rather sour and Thomas's presence only seemed to aggravate Minho for reasons unknown.
"So when you going to tell her the truth?" Thomas prompted, seemingly deliberately ignoring Y/N though he was clearly talking about her just not to her, after all she was the only girl in the Glade. Minho shifted uncomfortably as he looked briefly at Y/N before at Thomas. "Soon!" He insisted, hoping Thomas would be leaving them soon. "How soon?" Thomas prompted.
Y/N wanted to know what was going on, but whatever it was seemed to be slowly bringing the two boys into a possible argument. "What's going on?" She asked wanting the tension to ease a little. Thomas turned as if just realising she was there and smiled snugly, going to open his mouth and admit everything until Minho slammed his hand over the boys mouth.
"Nothing!" Minho spoke quickly, pausing to give Thomas the hardest glare he could muster and shook his head, he just wasn't ready to be made a fool of just yet as there were so many other people here that deserved Y/N so much more than he did, he didn't want to loose her at the same time so he knew he had to act fast. Thomas had an idea pop into his head and smiled.
Y/N wasn't having so much fun as she'd hoped. Minho was clearly hiding something and her happiness had faded as Thomas had ruined the small date they were having. If she could even call it that as she and Minho weren't even together so she might have misunderstood his intentions. "I had a great time -" she got cut off mid lie as a loud voice rang out across the Glade.
"MINHO LOVES Y/N!" Thomas called out so everyone could hear though it seemed that every Glader already knew that as they nodded and smiled a little. The only one who didn't know was currently sat down with a dark red blush on her cheeks that out even Zarts tomatoes to shame. Minho visibly jumped and looked in Thomas's direction. "I'm gonna kill that shuckface,"
Y/N then met Minhos eyes properly for the first time throughout the picnic and smiled. "Is that true?" She asked quietly. Minho swallowed the lump in his throat and scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. "No. Yes. Maybe?" He rushed out and then his own cheeks tainted red as he awaited her reaction. He hadn't expected to feel her soft lips against his own.
Y/N smiled at his awkwardness, a side of Minho not many had the privilege of seeing so naturally she felt honoured to see him in this state as she slowly leaned forwards and kissed him in order to stop his nervous rambling. His lips were sweet like sugar and he was gentle but loving. With a smile Y/N pulled away. "I love you too, the Keeper of my heart," she smiled. The moment was perfect and a faint, "about bloody time!" Could be heard.