Greenie

She couldn't help it of course. She was the Greenie after all. Everywhere she looked she saw boys working and people talking, she only wanted to be a part of that. But there was just one problem. She was a girl. She remembered the day she had tried to talk to one of them, she didn't catch his name. But the way he had looked at her, like she was an alien and then he moved away rather quickly as though she were contagious.
Today wasn't any different as Y/N looked up from the area where she was trying out as a builder to see a group of boys chatting and laughing with Gally in the centre of it all. Y/N timidly rose from where she was working and walked over. Everyone immediately went silent and Gally even glared at her for reasons unknown. "What are you doing here Y/N? You can't do anything right!" He sneered and laughter joined in from the group.
Y/N knew better than to let it get to her of course knowing Gally wasn't exactly anyone's number one fan so she dropped the hammer on the ground and went to find some real company. Minho will have time for me, she thought to herself with a smile as sh made way towards the kitchen where she had seen him run off to after he had finished his days run.
"Hey Minho," she spoke with a smile as she sat down right next to the Keeper of the runners. Her smile soon fell when all she got was a grunt and a nod in response, but Minho didn't even look at her properly. Y/N wasn't going to give up so easily as she tried to talk to him once more. "How did your run go?" She asked randomly and flinched when Minho turned and gave the hardest and coldest glare she had ever seen upon a persons face. She gulped and backs away quickly. "I'll just go," she whispered, but Minho didn't hear her, he had already turned away.
Y/N sighed and nodded, mostly to herself seeing as Minho wasn't paying any more attention to her, she got up from the bench, a harsh creak as the wooden leg moved a little when she tried to leave. She refused to cry though. She was one girl in a group full of teenage boys, weakness was the last thing she wanted to show to the people she lived around. Harshly wiping at the forming tears she ran away quickly.
Y/N had been crying silently in the deadheads for what seemed like hours, and it probably was as it had gotten dark outside now. Not a single person had come to find her which only made her despair a little more. Maybe she really was useless here. To jump off the cliff and be done with it seemed like the most sensible idea Y/N had had all day. Her sobs turned to sniffles when she heard branches cracking under someone's feet as they made their way over.
"Y/N?" A voice rang out and she recognized that accented voice anywhere, it belonged to Newt. But she didn't want to see him, didn't want him to take pity on her and try to comfort her when nobody else would. Newt stumbled into a clearing and what he saw made his heart break a little bit. Y/N was curled into herself in a tight ball with red tears streaming her cheeks as she tried her hardest to hide from him, but he had already seen.
"Y/N what's wrong, I've been so worried when I couldn't find you?" Newt asked in worry as he slowly inches forward to rest a gentle hand on her back. "No you weren't! Nobody is! Better I jump off the cliff and don't trouble you shanks with a girl who is no good for nothing!" She shouted and Newt flinched a little but didn't recoil nor did his facial expression change, because if anything, he was only more worried now for Y/N's safety.
Newt shakes his head quickly as he pulls Y/N right into his arms and hugging her close to his body, slotting together like two puzzle pieces that were meant to find each other, two wounded souls that would be able to help each other, because Newt knew how she felt, he didn't have anyone to help him, but he knew he would have to be the one to help her seeing as he had fallen for the lovely Y/N and didn't want to lose her.
Y/N sobbed in Newts chest, her tears staining his shirt and falling onto his skin dampening it, but Newt didn't mind, he wanted her to know he cared as he kissed the top of her forehead and pulled away a little, using his thumb to wipe the tears from her cheeks. Y/N's large watery eyes looked up at Newt and her lip trembled a little bit. "Promise you wont leave me too?" She said, her voice barely above a whisper. Newt shakes his head quickly. "Not a bloody chance," he whispered into her ear as he held her protectively.