Trapped in the maze overnight

Newt sat under a tree. Ever since the doors closed, trapping you inside, Newt had gone silent. Not even Thomas could get close to him, so everyone left him alone. When ever Newt got all serious, nervous, anything, you were right by his side to calm him down. Being second in command put a lot of pressure on him, and sometimes, all he need was someone to sit quietly with. That person was you, but now your gone and Newt feels as though no one else is there for him. The memory still plays over and over in his mind. It's inescapable. What really drives him insane is that he let his own fears get in the way of your safety.
"Newt!" Your calls still haunt his mind. The horror on your face as the doors closed would be forever engraved into his mind.
"Newt!" He heard it again. Newt turned his gaze towards the maze. The call was so real, as if you were calling him from inside the maze at that very moment.
"I could have done something" Newt whispers. "I should have done something." He closes his eyes just for a moment, but there you are again. Every detail is spot on, like Newt could reach out and touch you one more time. Even the tears streaming down your face as you ran towards the closing doors. It was all too much. It was just too... Real. Not once had he shed a single tear. When the maze claimed you, he was too shocked, too pained to cry. But now, as he sat alone in the darkness, Newt allowed the tears to fall, each one as slow and silent as the memory that keeps replaying in his head.
"I'm so sorry (Y/N)" He whispered through the tears.
Newt stayed under that tree as darkness descended. He sat alone and embraced the tears when they started up every so often. Boys occasionally walked by talking and laughing. However, their laughter died once within Newt's range. This was new playing field not only for Newt, but for everyone in the Glade. Newt was never one to let his emotions get in the way of his work. Newt was either happy or screaming at someone to get back to work, so seeing him this sad darkened everyone's mood. The Glade soon turned black and boys had stopped walking by. Everyone had gone to sleep and Newt figured it was time he went to bed as well. But sleep wouldn't carry him off and away from this nightmare. The images still lurked in the depths of brain and came to life every time Newt closed his eyes.
"Newt!" There your voice was again, more distant than before. Newt sat in his hammock, a slight wind rocking him back and forth as he willed sleep to take him away. It never did and Newt sat, eyes wide until the early hours of the morning. It was only when the sun started to rise did Newt get up and start trudging back to the entrance of the maze. He figured he must look awful. Dried tears crusted his eyes, bags formed from lack of sleep. He looked like a zombie, but he couldn't care less. All his focus was on you. Newt stood at the entrance, arms crossed, face unchanged. The doors began to open and Newt's heart leaped into his throat. Newt almost decided to walk away, but he didn't. This time, once the doors open, Newt was going to go in there himself and find you. Nothing would stop him from helping you this time. But there was no need. As the doors slowly opened, the thin crack grew exposing more and more of your body. Newt was in shock that he could once again hold you, once again kiss you.
"I promise, the next time you need help, nothing will stop me from getting to you" Newt swore while holding on for dear life.
"Don't be silly" you tell him. "The doors were closing. There was nothing you could do." As you try to pull away from the hug, Newt pulls you back in afraid that if he ever lets go, the maze would just suck you back in.