Cutting corners

She had been mapping the maze for three years alongside Minho. Three bloody years, so how is it she managed to somehow get lost? Y/N looked up to see she was in section 7 but was confused because she knew that section shouldn't be open for another week yet. She heard the familiar whirring, clicking and grinding noise signalling that a griever was close by as she darted away running for her life hoping to make it back to the Glade in time before the griever caught her, before the maze walls closed leaving her trapped in with it.
Dodging past lots of walls and cutting corners sharply Y/N ran like her life depended on it, and it did, the maze walls came into view and she realised they were closing and that gave her the motivation she needed to speed up but she wasn't expecting to trip in her haste. Y/N heard a sickening crack and she cried out as the floor quickly came up towards her, meeting her face. The last thing she remembered is hearing someone's voice shouting out at her to stay awake as she was hoisted into their warm arms.
Thomas looked down at Y/N limp in his arms with determination as he rushed towards the Homestead into the room where the med-jacks worked and laid her down carefully making sure not to jolt her obvious broken leg as he could see the bone slightly breaking through her tan skin. His hand stroked her cheek lightly and he bit his lip not wanting to cry as she looked so fragile and he had never seen her look so small
even though she was almost as tall as him.
Thomas stormed out of the med-jacks hut after a while leaving Clint and Jeff to do their jobs as he took quick long strides towards Minho who was just coming out of the map room and rushed over grabbing him by the scruff of his neck with fury evident in his eyes. "What the hell were you thinking letting her run alone?" Minho looked slightly alarmed at the sudden outburst but nevertheless quickly shook himself out of
Thomas's tight grasp with a slight glare.
"She's been running that maze for three years! I think she can manage on her own, she don't need babysitting!" Minho snapped. That only fuelled Thomas's anger as he reeled his fist into Minho's jaw with eyes full of fury. "You deserve that shuckface! Y/N is lying in the med-jacks room with a badly broken leg, there ain't no way she's running again," Thomas shouted crossing his arms looking down at Minho who lay
stunned on the floor.
Minho rubbed his jaw shocked as he could already feel a bruise forming and he scrambled up to his feet, realisation dawning on him, Thomas was scared of losing Y/N, he didn't like seeing her hurt. Thomas liked Y/N. Minho's face broke into a huge grin and Thomas wondered why the shuck Minho was grinning at a time like this and opened his mouth to shout some more but gets cut off by Minho. "You like her!" Minho stated, it wasn't a question, but an observation as he poked Thomas in the chest with a smirk.
Thomas faltered a little, of course he liked her, she was his best friend, but he'd also gone and fallen for her and didn't want to scare her away so stayed satisfied with the knowledge that even if she didn't love him, they could still sort of be together. "No, that's a load of klunk, she's my best friend," Thomas protested shaking his head not meeting Minho's eyes as he felt heat rise to his cheeks. Minho laughed, all thoughts of Thomas's act of punching him forgotten, "You do, your blushing shank!" Minho smirked as Thomas refused to look upward. "Listen here shuckface, she's like a sister to me, hurt her and ill throw your shank ass of the cliff into the griever hole understood?" Minho warned even though his face stayed easy going and happy, his eyes told a different story as they held a certain menace in them. Thomas nodded before going back to work in the Gardens despite the fact that he wanted nothing more than to be back at Y/N's side not knowing when she is expected to wake up.
Minho quickly ran into the med-jacks room in the homestead to see how his running partner was holding up and smiled seeing that her leg was cast up and she would be ok for certain as her chest heaved up and down in small short bursts as he slept lightly. Minho sat down by her side squeezing her hand with a smile waiting patiently for her to wake up. Y/N could feel someone's hand holding her own and squeezed back lightly as she could feel the pain rushing back through her body before her eyes shot open and she blinked trying to get them to gain focus as she groaned trying to sit upright but a jolt of pain stopped her from being able to do so. "What the shuck happened?" she asked looking at her leg which was cast up neatly.
Minho shook his head a small sigh of relief along with a chuckle escaping his lips. "You shucking tripped and broke your leg trying to get back in time. Lucky for you, lover boy was there to save the day," Minho made kissy faces as he smirked teasing her whilst Y/N blushed pushing his face away from her own. "Not funny Minho, I have to thank Thomas for helping me," she spoke determined as she got up and stood gently trying to balance before limping slowly towards the door. Minho was immediately at her side wrapping an arm around her shoulder to help hold her upright. "How'd ya know I was talking about Thomas huh?" he laughed wiggling his eyebrows.
Y/N groaned rolling her eyes with a little laugh escaping her, "Oh shut it shuckface and just help me get to Thomas," she smirked nudging him lightly in the direction of the Gardens where she could see Thomas working digging up some weeds and he hadn't yet noticed her limping towards him. "Oi Tommy!" Thomas heard a shout and smiled knowing only two people called him that and since the other stood working next to him he knew then that it meant Y/N was awake and he looked up with a large grin seeing her limping towards him with Minho's help. Thomas dropped his shovel walking forwards meeting her halfway and helping her from Minho's arms ignoring the fact that Minho was making some crude suggestions behind Y/N's back before he dashed off.
"I'm glad your okay," Thomas smiled as he hugged Y/N tight not wanting to let go when he could of almost lost her last night to the maze had he not darted in to help. "I almost lost you," he breathed resting his chin atop her head. Y/N could feel a small warmth in the pit of her stomach as she smiles resting her head into his chest wrapping her arms around his waist. Y/N could feel Thomas mumbling something into her hair but couldn't make out the words so she pulled away seeing his blushing face, she shook her head confused, "I'm sorry I didn't catch that, what did you say?" she asked as she looked into the deep brown eyes that she loved so much. Thomas blushed even harder as he whispers, "Y/N I-I think I-I love y-you," he gripped her tighter to his side not wanting to risk the possibility of almost losing her again. Y/N was frozen, not out of shock, okay maybe a little out of shock as her heart screamed yes whilst her mind screamed no, he's your best friend. Y/N shook her head of all thoughts as she pulled Thomas close kissing him lightly. "I love you too Tommy,"