Thomas

You heard the alarm ring signifying a new greenie. It had been around five months since you had come out of the box. You walked over to where the new boy would come. You were the only girl there but you didn't really feel out of place, as all the Gladers just treated you like one of the guys. Minho ran into you after being pushed by another glader, causing you to fall. You quickly stood up. "Watch where you're going shuckface." You said, giving him a dirty look. He laughed at your annoyance. "Sorry Y/N, you know you love me though." he replied with an over exaggerated smile. You whacked him. "Yeah, ok." you said sarcastically. You both laughed. You guys were good friends and would always call each other names and make fun of each other but you both knew neither of you meant it. You reached down to feel and make sure that your necklace was still there. For some reason the creaters let you keep it. You couldn't remember if it used to be anything special to you. Inside there was picture of you next to brown haired boy. You guys looked genuinely happy together but you couldn't remember who he was or what he meant to you. You heard the box stop moving and but the necklace back down. Newt opened the doors. You looked down only to see the boy from your necklace. You started to freak out. No one knew about the necklace so there was no one you could talk to. You were looking at the necklace again when you felt someone tap your shoulder. You looked up to see Frypan. "Hey Y/N we have to get back to work." he said. Your job was helping Frypan out in the kitchen. "Oh, ok" you said, reluctant to leave the new greenie and your confusion unsolved. You walked over to the kitchen to start the dinner.
Afterwords, the next day you saw him sitting under a tree by himself. You walked over to him. "Hey you're the new greenie right? I'm Y/N" you said to him. He showed a smile smile. "Yeah. Hi, I'm Thomas." he replied. "Nice to meet you. That was me a few months ago." You plopped down next to him. "So are you the only girl here?" he asked. "Yeah. None of us know why but there's not much anyone can do to figure it out so here I am." He showed another small smile but still looked nervous. You both sat there awkwardly for a minute or two. "You look really familiar to me." he said suddenly, with a look on his face like he was thinking really hard."Yeah same here." you said looking down. You decided not to tell him about the necklace, at least not yet.
Over the next few weeks you and Thomas started to get closer and become friends. He became a runner with Minho. One day you were just walking out of the kitchen, taking a break from your job when Minho came up to you. "Hey slinthead. What's up?" he asked. "Not much. How 'bout you shuckface?" "Not a lot." you guys walked over to some trees and stood under them. "I think Thomas likes you." Minho randomly shouted out. "What?!" you asked. Ever since he came to the Glade you sort of liked him. "Well he won't shut up about you when we're running. And also he's staring at you right now." Minho announced like he was a child giving up a big secret. You looked over to Thomas, who was in fact staring at you. You both looked away blushing. Minho laughed, "You guys are so going to hook up!" he said annoyingly. "Shut up Minho," you said still blushing, "I doubt he even likes me." "What do you mean you guys are like totally meant to be, there's a picture of the two of you on your necklace!" "What how do you even know that?!" you asked freaking out. Did everyone know? "Um I'm nosy and you aren't very undercover. Duh." he said like it was the most obvious thing ever. You gave him a dirty look.
The next day at lunch you were sitting with Minho, Chuck, and Newt. "Hey Thomas come sit with us!" Minho waved him over. You once again gave him a death stare. Thomas walked over and sat down next to you. "Hey guys." he said. He quickly glanced at you and then looked down and blushed when your eyes met. "Hey we should all hang out at the Deadheads tonight." Minho announced, "Oh wait Newt and Chuck have to ummm do that thing tonight so I guess it's just us three." he said over excitedly. For what seemed like the hundredth time you looked at him with daggers. Of course being Minho, he just returned your look with an annoying smile. You guys finished your lunch conversation, which mostly just consisted of Chuck and Minho blabbing.
That night you walked to the Deadheads. You got there to see Thomas sitting on a rock, seeming to be deep in thought. "Hey" you said to him. He looked up a little bit surprised to see someone there. "Oh hey." he replied. You sat next to him and an awkward silence fell upon you two, even though you were friends and could normally talk away. I'm so going to kill Minho later you thought to your self. "Y/N, there's something I've been meaning to tell you." You looked over at him and he continued, "Ever since I first saw you I liked you. You are so nice and caring and beautiful and amazing. When I first came to the Glade I was really freaked out and you were the only person that I felt like I could really talk to. I don't even know what I would do without you. I guess what I'm trying to say is Y/N, I love you. You probably don't feel the same way and I'm probably just making myself look stupid to and..." You cut him off by smashing your lips into his. At first he looked surprised but after a few seconds he started to kiss back. "I love you too Thomas. I have for a long time now. I think even before the creators put us here." You looked over at him. He had a confused look on his face. You pulled off your necklace and handed it to him. He opened it up and saw the picture. "Is that us?" he asked. "I guess so. I can't remember it." Me either." He smirked. "Well I guess we were truly meant to be together if we found each other twice." You smiled. "I guess so." You laid into him and he wrapped his arm around your shoulder. After a bit of silence he talked. "Hey whatever happened to Minho? I thought he was going to be here too." You laughed. "I don't think Minho ever planned on coming. I was like is life goal to get us together." You rolled your eyes and he laughed. You guys spent the rest of the night together like that, talking and cuddling.
The next morning you and Thomas walked into breakfast with your hands intertwined. Minho had a huge smirk on his face. "You guys are welcome!" he said, clearly proud of him self. You shot him a dirty look. "Yeah thanks Minho." you replied sarcastically. But inside you knew that you really meant it. You were grateful to have a great friend like Minho even if he was your personal unwanted match maker. You were also grateful for your great new boyfriend Thomas.