Valentines day

Newt knew he should've been touring the Greenbean, but he couldn't. You were there, laughing at something Frypan said, and it was driving him crazy.
The Greeenie-Chuck, he remembered-suddenly spoke. "Uh... hello? Can you hear me?" Newt snapped out of his stupor. "Right, as I was saying," he rattled on, mindlessly pointing out the landmarks of the Glade. "...and right there is where you get your food. Frypan's the Keeper." He said, pointing him out for the younger boy to see. Chuck nodded, then pointed to you. "Then who's she?" he asked.
Newt followed the direction of Chuck's finger and saw it was directed at you. A slight blush appeared on his cheeks. "Oh. Her. U-uhm, Y-y-y/N's the only girl in the Glade. She arrived after me." He immediately looked in the other direction, hoping you didn't see his face, gradually becoming redder.
Chuck, however, noticed. A small smirk grew on his face. "Y/N, huh? Do you like her? It looks like you do," he teased. The older boy threw a death glare at him. "If you don't want to be meet the Grievers tonight," he said, "then you bloody well make sure you don't breathe a word of this to her. Understood?" Chuck nodded, but decided to tease Newt one more time before running off. "You didn't deny it though!" he quipped.
Newt whirled around, hoping to the high heavens you didn't hear the Greenie. Luckily, you were still engrossed in conversation with Frypan. He sighed in relief. He was about to come over and say hello but you glanced at your wristwatch and saw that the alarm was blaring. You said a hasty goodbye and ran off to do your duty for the day. You gave a hurried wave in his direction, but he could barely wave back as you were already too far. Shrugging, he limped over to his friend.
"Nice one, Newt. You're only slightly red after seeing Y/N! An improvement, I must say," said Frypan, a slight joking tone laced in his words. "What are you talking about?" asked Newt, suddenly finding his gardening tool much more interesting. "Y/N, you shuckhead. There's no use denying it. You like her, don't you?" Newt sighed, a small smile creeping up his face. "Yeah, I do." Frypan's grin began to grow. Craning his neck, he called Gally over.
"What do you shanks want?" he grumbled. Frypan threw his arm around Newt, "This one right here," he said, amusement clear in his voice, "finally admitted he liked Y/N." Gally didn't seem surprised. "Not exactly news, is it? We've known for ages, Frypan." Sauntering over to Newt, he shot a mischievous look at him. "But," he said, "I heard someone else likes Y/N."
Newt felt a surge of jealousy run through him. "Who?" he seethed. Gally chuckled. "You sure you wanna know? I mean, if you'd just make your move now she'll-" Newt cut him off. "Who. Is. It." He demanded. The Builder seemed surprised at the sudden outburst. "Calm down," he said teasingly. Seeing that he was having none of it, he blurted out "Minho" before making his merry way.
Frypan clapped his friend's shoulder. "Looks like you have some competition," he said. It was common knowledge among the Gladers that Newt and Minho were practically inseparable-bonded like brothers, one of them said. Newt couldn't help but feel a sort of betrayal. Minho knew about his crush on you, but he couldn't deny the way Minho had been behaving around you recently. The lingering stares, the inability to look you straight in the eye when you were talking to him; it wasn't too far from how Newt would behave around you.
He exhaled, almost in defeat. There was an aching feeling in the pit of his stomach. She'll never like you back, he thought. Minho's not as worthless as you are. Bloody hell, you tried to kill yourself! What makes you think Y/N'd go for someone like you?
"Hey, listen," said the Keeper, pulling Newt out of his trance. "Tell Y/N you like her before Minho can." Newt gave a dry laugh at this. "As if it's that easy," he said. He saw you in the corner of his eye, tending to the crops. You face was flush and your clothes drenched in sweat, but he still thought you were the most beautiful person he'd ever laid eyes on. "You know what?" he said, turning around to face Frypan, "I think I will."
--
A few hours had passed, and the sun was beginning to set. Zart told you that you were done for the day, and you were just about to make your way back to the Homestead when you heard someone calling you. Turning around, you saw it was Minho, doubled over and panting. You ran to him and held him up. "Hello to you too. Don't you normally go to the Map Room after spending the entire day in there?" you said, motioning to the Maze.
Minho stiffened at your touch, but immediately relaxed. "Not today, Y/N," he said in between deep breaths. You raised your eyebrows, only to be surprised by a small bouquet of flowers suddenly thrust at your face. You gingerly took the flowers from Minho, eyeing him suspiciously. This isn't normal, you thought.
"Thanks," you said, lifting the flowers. He mumbled an almost incoherent "You're welcome" back.
An awkward silence settled on you both like a heavy blanket. Wanting nothing more than to escape the situation, you look at Minho, but he kept avoiding your gaze. "Minho, listen-"
You were cut off when you felt yourself pushed against the wall of the Homestead. When your brain registered that there was a rough pair of lips attached to yours, only then did you realize what was happening. Minho had you trapped and he was kissing you. You pushed him off and slapped him across the face, not even looking at him. "You piece of klunk," you spat in his direction, before storming up to your room, leaving Minho stunned, a stinging red mark on his cheek.
--
Newt was talking to Alby when he heard someone storming up their makeshift home. He turned and saw you, fists clenched, face beginning to flush red. He stared for a moment, knowing better than to go up to you right then. He waited a few minutes after hearing the heavy slam of your door. He made his way to your room, and knocked tentatively on the door.
"Go away!" you said, not wanting to deal with anyone. "Y/N, it's Newt." he pleaded. "I just want to help. If you don't unlock this bloody door so help me I will-" he was cut off when the door swung open.
You collapsed against Newt. Hugging him tightly, you vaguely noticed him tensing up but relaxing almost immediately. "What happened?" he murmured against your H/C hair, not wanting to let you go.
"He-he kissed me. He held me against the wall and kissed me." You said against his chest. Newt felt his heart fall to his stomach. He already had an inkling of who it could've been, but he still had to ask. "Who?"
Before you could open your mouth to answer, you both heard heavy footsteps headed your way, "Y/N, listen, I didn't mean to-"
Minho's face fell at the sight ahead of him. He felt as though the world was just pulled from under him. Newt looked up and saw who it was. It didn't take him long to piece together what had happened. Slowly removing your grip on him, you stood back as he went to face Minho.
Minho couldn't get a word out before Newt punched him square in the jaw. Minho retaliated and punched him back. "Keep your hands off her," Newt growled, dodging Minho's attacks.
You, on the other hand, stayed in the background. A moment of confusion gave way to realization; you had finally pieced it together. Those moments when you'd catch them looking at you for ages finally made sense. They liked you. Soft giggles turned into full-fledged laughter as you became aware of what was actually happening.
The boys stopped when they heard your voice. They were undoubtedly confused when they saw you doubled over in laughter, wiping a stray tear out of your face. When you came to, you sauntered over to them, a smug expression on your face.
"So," you said teasingly, "It looks like you two shanks have a crush on me." You walked to Minho and said, "Even if you are a piece of klunk, I gotta admit, you are kinda cute," Minho shot a triumphant look at the blonde, only to be met by an exasperated sigh.
"And you," you said, stopping in front of Newt, "aren't too bad either. You're a sweetheart and adorable to boot. What's not to like?" Newt mouthed a mocking laugh at the other boy, but he rolled his eyes in response.
You stepped in between them, dropping your voice to a whisper. "I know you like me. The question is, though...which one of you do I like?"
You walked down the few steps to your room, and shot a smug wink in their direction, leaving the two stunned and slack-jawed Gladers in your wake.