Newt

'So, think you've got what it takes to be a Gardener, Greenie?' Newt asked as he continued with chopping the wood.
You'd wandered towards the only person in the Glade that you'd found unthreatening, Zart, not noticing that Newt was with him. After the tour with Nick, realising that there was a lot to take in, you just wanted some time trying to be calm and let everything sink in.
With a shrug you slumped onto the tree stump near the two boys. 'I think I'd be better at it than you, Newt,' you said with a grin, watching as he finally stopped and scratched his neck before looking at you.
'Oh, yeah?' he asked, smirking slightly, and you heard Zart chuckling from the other side of the wood.
You nodded, folding your arms firmly across your chest. 'Yeah, I think I'd totally get half of this done better than you.'
'That sounds like a challenge, Newtie,' teased Zart, grinning around the post at you and shooting a wink your way.
'That it does,' said Newt, rubbing his chin thoughtfully as you smirked up at him.He turned the machete around, holding the handle out for you. 'Et voila, (Y/n),' he said, grinning at you. 'Show me how to be a proper Gardener.'
You chuckled, taking the thing and moving to the space that Newt had left for you. He perched himself on the edge of the stump you'd been sitting on, a slightly gloating smirk on his face.
'Prepare to see how a professional does it, Newt,' you said teasingly.